About the Book
rest, relief, recovery
A hygienic darkroom retreat consists of extended rest in a totally dark room. One is alone, with supporters nearby. There is food. The room is quiet, comfortable, and well-ventilated.
Why do this? For:
- relief from distress and overstimulation
- rest from exhaustion and depression
- recovery from trauma and disease
This is a complete manual, with theory, protocol, and design. It explains why retreating works and how to do it. It includes drawings and instructions for beginning at home.
toward a hygienic psychology u
Neither spiritual, therapeutic, nor psychedelic, this is the first approach to darkness based on hygiene. Hygiene is the science of health, a branch of biology. It respects life’s self-preserving nature. It identifies life’s normal conditions: air, warmth, work, relationship, cleanliness, etc.
Hygiene started in 1832 and rapidly spread worldwide. The 19th century’s famous improvements in public health resulted. Now its rudiments are common sense. Billions who never see doctors benefit from hygiene daily. But few know it formally—or its greatest benefits.
In darkness, hygiene finds its missing link: a psychology. Now hygiene can extend its superlative care to the organic system of the psyche. This proves to be the key to health. The result: reliable miracles.
- For free new versions of the book and news, check "New version available" and "Share my email with the author" in your Library here after purchasing. A significant revision will come within a year or two that you will not want to miss.
- at darkroomretreat.com, subscribe to my newsletter. Read this whole book for free there, too.
About the Author
Born 1971, Twin Falls, Idaho. From age 16, I searched for the cause of joy. I independently studied philosophy, health, and design. I tested my findings while traveling America, living outside or in small groups, doing odd jobs, playing music, and building alternative shelter.
In 2008, my quest culminated in the darkness conjecture, a concept of the restful use of darkness in support of the self-healing psyche. Since then, I have been:
- proving the concept
- designing and building darkrooms and supporting retreats in Guatemala, Sweden, Norway, Spain, and Czech Republic
- giving lectures and consulting for readers
- refining and documenting my work at darkroomretreat.com
Now I seek a way to fully apply it in a 20-day retreat in order to heal from my own psychophysical illness.