Create GUI Applications with Python & Qt5 (PyQt5 Edition) (The Book + Source Code)
Last updated on 2020-06-27
About the Book
Create GUI Applications is the hands on guide to building desktop apps with Python.
If you want to learn how to write GUI applications it can be pretty tricky to get started. There are a lot of new concepts you need to understand to get anything to work. But, like any code, writing GUI applications requires you to learn to think about the problem in the right way. Starting from the basics of creating your first window, this book takes you on a tour of the key features of PyQt5 you'll use for building real-life applications.
- 665 pages of hands-on PyQt5 exercises
- 211 code examples to experiment with
- Support forum for all readers
- Includes 4 example apps
- Compatible with Python 3.4+
- Code free to reuse in your own projects
- PDF, EPub and Kindle formats
The ebook covers —
- Creating your first Qt Application
- Widgets, Layouts and Dialogs
- Signals & Slots, Actions & Events
- Designing apps with Qt Designer
- Connecting Qt widgets with SQL Databases
- Custom Widgets using compound widgets and bitmap graphics
- Plotting with PyQtGraph and matplotlib
- Threads and Processes in Qt applications, with managers and progress bars
- Packaging your apps for distribution on Windows, macOS and Linux
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I've picked up plenty of tricks and I want to pass that knowledge onto you.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.