About the Book
Apologies, but it's looking very unlikely this book will be finished. You can still read it if you want, and the book is now free. Leanpub allows you to voluntarily pay for the book, and if for some reason you choose to do this then 100% of the proceeds will go to the nominated charity listed at the bottom of the page.
- Tools and technologies: Ubuntu Linux, Packer, VirtualBox, Go CD, Node.js
- Setting up super simple Continuous Deployment to get started quickly
- Recovering from a bad deployment
- How to keep your application in an always releasable state, regardless of how big your team or organisation is
- Manage your software stack and server configurations in a predictable fashion
- Reduce the disparity between dev, QA, and production environments
- Infrastructure as Code
- Immutable Servers - automated provisioning of virtual machines and configuration management
This is just scratching the surface of the subject. There were many other topics and chapters I had planned before progress on the book stalled.
About the Author
Developer and Software Architect based in Cambridge, UK. My interests include creating well-crafted software, streamlining software delivery, Test Driven Development, and web-based applications.