About the Book
Any application normally needs some environment-specific configuration details: the hostname and port of the database server, the access token for the mail delivery service API and many others. Once your application starts spanning more than one machine, the distribution of the configuration can start becoming troublesome.This book shows some approaches for managing and distributing the configuration of your Node application.
- 1. The source code
- 2. Introduction
3. A Singleton module that exposes conf data
- 3.1 Using a façade module
- 4. Using Environment variables
- 5. Cascading configuration
6. Using CouchDB to store and propagate configuration changes
- 6.1 Installing and setting up CouchDB
- 6.2 Creating a configuration database
- 6.3 Getting the changes
- 6.4 Client example
7. Propagating configuration changes using Conflict-free Replicated Data Types (CRDTs)
- 7.1 Configuration TCP server
- 7.2 Configuration TCP client
- 7.3 The command line
- 7.4 Inducing configuration changes
- 7.5 Persistence
- 7.6 Possible topologies
- 8. Summary
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.