About the Book
So you want to deploy language packs and regional settings during operating system deployment, huh?
Are you sick to death of having to use a complicated integrated MDT task sequence?
Are you fed-up of having to edit and troubleshoot unattend.xml files?
Are you tired of having to configure a jazillion task sequence variables?
Are you...well, you get the idea.
If you want an easy, simple, repeatable, reliable and flexible step-by-step solution on deploying language packs and regional settings during Operating System Deployment using ConfigMgr (SCCM) with standard task sequence steps then you will want to read this book. (Oh, and did I mention that this is the easy and uncomplicated method?)
After reading this book you will be able to achieve the following using a standard SCCM OSD task sequence:
- Deploy the correct language pack based on certain criteria, for example, based on computer name
- Configure locale, timezone and other regional settings
- Mix and match! Deploy the OS in English and set the timezone or keyboard layout to something entirely different
- PowerShell or coding experience not necessary
- MDT Integration not required!
- Do all of this very, very easily.
This book uses Windows 10 1903 for all step-by-step instructions, but if you need to deploy language packs for previous versions then it's good for that too!
Well, whaddayah waiting for?
About the Author
I'm a network admin for a global company based in the UK HQ.