This book is 20% complete
Last updated on 2013-11-16
About the Book
Through the course of this book we'll study and discuss:
- how to make your code more structured and maintainable so you don't revisit it 6 months down the line and shudder.
- how you can write cleverer, more contextual selectors to avoid your jQuery being quite so tightly tied to the HTML structure.
- why not all your code should live within that one $(document).ready() call
- discuss refactoring methods to tackle old code and improve it
- how to write tests for your jQuery
- and much more.
What the book isn't
This book will not look at any additional libraries. We'll just be using jQuery all the way through (with the exception of QUnit for the testing chapter). This is not a book about telling you how to use RequireJS to load in your code in a modular fashion and nor will it tell you that you should use an additional library like Backbone or Angular.
This book is also not aimed at those who have never written jQuery before. You should have a good grasp of jQuery before tackling this book.
I'd be happy to answer them. Please feel free to tweet @Jack_Franklin or email email@example.com.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.