Quick Start Guide for concrete5
Last updated on 2016-04-12
About the Book
Learning to use concrete5 is made easy with this clear and concise guide. This Quick Start Guide for concrete5 covers a range of basic tasks such as editing and adding pages, uploading files and adjusting metadata.
The guide is designed to be printed, making it a handy resource to present to new editors of a concrete5 website.
The book is available under a Creative Commons licence on github. Suggestions and contributions welcome. For whitelabeling purposes the licence also permits private distribution to an end-user (i.e. a 'client'), with the author/credit information removed.
From the CEO of concrete5, Franz Maruna:
"Ryan has been an active concrete5 fan since the very early days. His thoughtful posts in the community have helped thousands of people. His add-ons provide valuable extensions to the core CMS.
This Quick Start Guide takes a step back and lays out all the basics you’d want to take a complete beginner through with concrete5. I’d use it myself next time I have to train a client who is starting from zero. It’s well written and easy to get through, you’d be a fool not to spend some time with this if you want to use concrete5."
- 1. Signing In and Out
- 2. The Toolbar Explained
3. Editing existing page content
- To edit a block on a page
- To add a new block to a page
- To re-arrange blocks on a page
- Publishing changes
4. Common Editing Tasks
- To insert headings and paragraphs
- To insert links to pages, files and external URLs
- Adding Images
- Adding YouTube videos
- To copy blocks to the clipboard
- To place blocks from the clipboard
5. Creating new pages
- To create a new page
- To publish a page set up for ‘Composer’
- To publish a page that is directly editable
- To edit a page created via the composer
6. Changing page names, URL paths and metadata
- To change the name or the url of a page
7. Adjusting Page Attributes
- To hide a page from navigation
- Other useful attributes
8. Creating page layouts
- Creating Layouts
- To adjust an existing layout
- Changing page templates
9. Sitemap and moving pages
- To re-order pages
10. File Management
- Access the Files page of the Dashboard
- Uploading and managing files
- To upload new files
- Adding files and links to pages
11. Deleting, restoring pages and versioning
- Deleting Pages
- Restoring Pages
- Page Versioning
- 12. Needing more guidance?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...