About the Book
This book covers concrete5 application development. Start to finish.
You'll be guided through the process of creating an application that has a full dashboard administration area and interacts with application events in concrete5.
After reading this book you should have all the basics covered for application development in concrete5 and you should have a great understanding of the process behind completing a fairly complex concrete5 block.
You'll also receive some practical examples for class inheritance and optimization which aren't necessarily concrete5 related.
- Package creation
- Block Creation
- Adodb Active Record
- Interacting with the database
- Custom Pagination
- Application Events
- Authentication and Token Security
- Custom Toolbar icons
- Wildcard single page urls
- Render overrides
- Running concrete5 from the command line
- Gotchas when porting over a theme
- Unit Testing (planned)
- Custom Attributes(planned)
Topics not covered:
- Basic installation (just go through the hundreds of tutorials out there)
- Themes creation from scratch (Remo and his awesome book concrete5 Beginners guide has this handled)
About the Author
Scott Conrad has been developing professionally for well over 5 years. He specializes in concrete5 application development, but has dabbled in rails, laravel and symfony2.
You can find several of his addons and his concrete5 profile here