About the Book
A compilation of all Computer Things newsletter essays in 2019 and 2020, including essays that were for subscribers only. Some of the public essays include:
- The most expensive software per byte
- How everybody misunderstood the "Literate Programming vs Unix Philosophy" 'debate'
- How knowing math helps you write better software
- Why blaming defects on "programmers" and not the broader system is a waste of time.
Some of the private essays include:
- Why Vim is a bad representation of what a "modal editor" is
- The difference between "code" clever and "insightful" clever
- Multiple first drafts of essays that eventually went on my official website.
Some administrative material was pruned, otherwise all essays are left as-is. Thank you for reading!
About the Author
I have a blog at hillelwayne.com and a newsletter at https://buttondown.email/hillelwayne/