About the Book
Little time to learn Python?
Python puzzles help you to learn faster, smarter, and better. This book offers 50 educative code puzzles, 10 tips for efficient learning, 5 Python cheat sheets, and 1 accurate way to measure your coding skills. 13,000 Python students have already improved their coding skills on our puzzle-based learning academy Finxter.com.
"I very much enjoy your Finxter.com website because it has some real meat to the problems. Thank you so much for doing this project! I love it!"—David C.
"Your site is awesome."—Victor A.
"I found Finxter.com an excellent tool to brush up on my Python skills."—Jesper R.
As you work through Coffee Break Python, your Python expertise will grow—one coffee at a time. You will train wildly important Python topics such as
- Arithmetic operations: integer & float division, and modular arithmetic;
- Language elements: branching, loops, keywords, and functions;
- Data structures: integer, float, string, list, set, dictionary, and graph;
- Sequence operators: indexing, concatenation, slicing, and built-in functions;
- Function *arguments: default *, arbitrary *, unpacking *, keyword *;
- Set operations: lambda, filter, map, and intersection functions; and
- Algorithms: recursion, Fibonacci, Bsearch, sorting, guess & check, and graph traversal.
As a bonus, you will track your individual Python coding skill level throughout the book.
To get the most out of this book, you should be slightly beyond beginner-level in Python—e.g., you have already experience with another programming language, are a professional engineer, or a student.
So how do you spend your Coffee Break? Python!
About the Author
Chris is the founder of the programming education company FINXTER, author of the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books, the popular programming book Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), a doctorate computer scientist, and owner of one of the top 10 Python blogs worldwide.
His research interests include graph theory and distributed systems.
You can join the FINXTER email academy and consume a large body of free email courses about various topics in computer science and programming.