About the Book
Are you a master Python coder? Prove it!
Coffee Break Python - Mastery Workout helps you boost your Python skills and reach mastery level. The approach is simple: you solve 99 really hard Python puzzles that get harder as you progress with the book.
A clear path to Python mastery!
How do grandmasters of chess become that way? They study thousands of chess positions. They look at a chess position, commit to a solution, and compare it against the "gold standard" -- the best move in a given position.This book is the chess grandmaster way of learning Python. It offers you 99 challenging, exclusive, and brand-new Python puzzles. Every puzzle points to gaps in your knowledge, challenges you to guess a solution, and then explains the result.
An easy, fun, and extremely effective way of not only learning but mastering Python -- day after day -- in your COFFEE BREAK PYTHON!
Burn 99 new Python patterns into your brain and rewire your synapses.
Here's what research says about puzzle-based learning:
"Students who were quizzed after studying a short text could recall significantly more information than students who were asked to reread it"
-- Karpicke, 2007, Elsevier Journal of Memory and Language
Practice testing is scientifically proven to generate up to 44% better learning retention and efficiency.
Simply put: quizzes and puzzles work! More than 100,000 Finxters and thousands of "Coffee Break Python" book customers have successfully improved their skills with code puzzles.
Learning does not happen in a linear and orderly manner. It's a probabilistic, chaotic, and iterative process of creating knowledge gaps in your brain -- and filling them with just the right information you need.
That's the premise of the "Coffee Break Python" textbook series.
Here's how you will change by reading this book:
- Improve your level of deep Python code understanding.
- Surprise your peers with your newly acquired code speed reading skills.
- Enjoy the small daily doses of intellectual challenges ("Sudoku for coders").
- Improve your brain's working memory by hammering down the most important concepts.
- Learn all the advanced Python syntax elements.
- Discover your own skill level by tracking your puzzle-solving performance.
- Compare your skill level against other coders: are you a grandmaster of code?
- Enjoy the fun of rushing through very (very) hard Python puzzles.
- Get the best of all Finxter Python cheat sheets to revive 80% of the Python features in 20% of the time.
- Rock your upcoming code interviews and get your dream job!
- And take one step forward mastering the most popular programming language ON THE PLANET!
About the Authors
Chris is the founder of the programming education company FINXTER, author of the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books, the popular programming book Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), a doctorate computer scientist, and owner of one of the top 10 Python blogs worldwide.
His research interests include graph theory and distributed systems.
You can join the FINXTER email academy and consume a large body of free email courses about various topics in computer science and programming.
I love coding and espacially in Python! Python is easy to learn and at the same time it is very powerful. Through the books I would like to help you to discover this! Therefore we designed our puzzle based teaching approach which helps you to learn quickly what you really need and with fun.
I have been working as a Software developer for several years. Currently I'm in the field of operations/SRE of cloud applications.