About the Book
It’s back, it’s bigger, it’s better, it’s the sequel to Alsiter Christie's previous book, it’s Code Better in Delphi.
After my last book, you can write code much faster, but without the skills to write code better, you might just end up being a highly efficient spaghetti coding machine. So stop writing that tightly coupled singleton full of duplicated code, and start reading this book.
This time, rather than looking at how fast and productive you can be, we look at quality and maintainability.
In this book, you’ll be introduced to a variety of ways you can make your code better
- How DRY is that code you just wrote?
- Is that class SOLID or crumblier than a very crumbly cookie?
- Will Refactoring improve the quality of your code?
- Are you reinventing the wheel, or should you use try Patterns?
- Will testing drive you mad?
- Are your bugs buggier than a giraffe stage beetle?
- Do you have a handle on those dependencies?
- Are your versions under control?
- What to do before disaster strikes or the zombie horde arrives?
- Are you Agile, or are you about to go over a waterfall?
- How do you calculate the Bus number for your project?
Find out the answer to these and many more questions in this book.
But wait, there’s more…
Plugins and Tools that
- Find areas of your code that might need improving.
- Tell you about Complex areas of code you can simplify.
- Where you are making common coding mistakes.
- Help remove redundancy and orphaned code.
- Let you know when code is leaker than a knitted canoe.
- Automate your testing
About the Author
Alister Christie is a Delphi MVP (Most Valued Professional), Consultant, Developer, Trainer, Presenter, and Author. He has presented at ADUG (Australasian Delphi Users Group) Symposia and Code Rage Conferences for many years. Alister holds a degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from Victoria University, Wellington. He lives near Wellington, New Zealand.
On this YouTube Channel, Alister has created many hours of video tutorials to help you learn Delphi Programming in efficient and effective ways. Using his lessons, you will program faster and better, skills applicable for beginners through to experts wanting to expand their programming and coding proficiency.
Video topics by Alister Christie include VCL (Visual Component Library), FireMonkey, FireDAC, Cross-platform, Android, iOS (iPad or iPhone Operating System), Mac OS/X, Windows, IoT (Internet of Things), Algorithms, and more.
If you wish to increase your Delphi programming skills further, Alister has commercial online video courses designed to build your understanding and proficiency. These are available from Embarcadero Academy https://www.embarcaderoacademy.com/courses/author/97421, Udemy https://www.udemy.com/user/alister-christie/, or from http://learndelphi.tv/products
For more Delphi video content by Alister Christie go to his website http://LearnDelphi.tv where you will find informative Delphi videos ranging from beginner to expert
Subscribe to this Youtube channel and never miss a video: https://www.youtube.com/user/codegearguru
Visit the Website: http://LearnDelphi.tv
Contact Alister Christie on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/alisterchristie/
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlisterChristie
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LearnDelphitv/
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/christiealister/
Buy from Embarcadero Academy: https://www.embarcaderoacademy.com/courses/author/97421
Buy from Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/user/alister-christie/
Buy from LearnDelphi: http://learndelphi.tv/products