ABCs of Cloud Computing
ABCs of Cloud Computing
A Handbook to enter into the World of Cloud Computing!
About the Book
ABCs of Cloud Computing is a Book written for the purpose of introducing the new technology called Cloud Computing in the field of computing. With the help of this guide, beginners can get to know the historical background of Cloud Computing, which is covered in Section I. The architectural background of Cloud Computing is described in Section II, which includes Virtualization, Challenges and Security Practices for the Cloud. Section III covers various Standards followed in implementing Cloud Computing such as Standards for Developers, Standards for Messaging and Standards for Communication. The last chapter of every Section talks about the services provided by various Cloud Service Providers, especially for the Education Sector.
1. Introduction to Cloud Computing 7
2. Generations of Computers 14
3. Classification of Computers 23
4. Basic Internet Terminology 29
5. Getting Connected to Internet 34
6. The Emergence of Cloud Computing 41
7. Popular Cloud Service Providers 46
8. Cloud Computing Infrastructure Models 55
9. Virtualization and Its Types 60
10. Techniques Used in Server Virtualization 65
11. Challenges for the Cloud 72
12. Baseline Security Practices for SaaS
(Part I) 78
13. Baseline Security Practices for SaaS
(Part II) 84
14. Open SaaS Applications 90
15. Common Standards in Cloud Computing 99
16. Cloud Management Initiative 104
17. Standards for Application Developers
(Part I) 111
18. Standards for Application Developers
(Part II) 116
19. Standards for Messaging 121
20. Standards for Communication 125
21. Cloud Services for Education 131
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.