About the Book
After reading this book you will be able to:
- Summarize the fundamentals of cloud computing
- Evaluate the economics of cloud computing
- Accurately evaluate distributed computing challenges and opportunities and apply this knowledge to real-world projects.
- Develop non-linear life-long learning skills
- Build, share and present compelling portfolios using: Github, YouTube, and Linkedin.
About the Author
Noah Gift lectures at MSDS, at Northwestern, Duke MIDS Graduate Data Science Program, and the Graduate Data Science program at UC Berkeley and the UC Davis Graduate School of Management MSBA program, and UNC Charlotte Data Science Initiative. He is teaching and designing graduate machine learning, A.I., Data Science courses, and consulting on Machine Learning and Cloud Architecture for students and faculty. These responsibilities include leading a multi-cloud certification initiative for students.
Noah is a Python Software Foundation Fellow. He currently holds the following industry certifications for AWS: AWS Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Machine Learning, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialist, AWS Certified Big Data Specialist, AWS Academy Accredited Instructor, AWS Faculty Ambassador. He also is certified on both the Google and Azure platform: Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, Certified Microsoft MTA on Python. He has published over 100 technical publications including multiple books on subjects ranging from Cloud Machine Learning to DevOps. Publications appear in Forbes, IBM, Red Hat, Microsoft, O'Reilly, Pearson, Udacity, Coursera, datascience.com, and DataCamp. Workshops and Talks around the world for organizations including NASA, PayPal, PyCon, Strata, O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference, and FooCamp. As an SME on Machine Learning for AWS, he helped created the AWS Machine Learning certification.
He has worked in roles ranging from CTO, General Manager, Consulting CTO, Consulting Chief Data Scientist, and Cloud Architect. This experience has been with a wide variety of companies: ABC, Caltech, Sony Imageworks, Disney Feature Animation, Weta Digital, AT&T, Turner Studios, and Linden Lab, and industries: Television, Film, Games, SaaS, Sports, Telecommunications. He has film credits in many major motion pictures for technical work, including Avatar, Spider-Man 3, and Superman Returns.
He has been responsible for shipping many new products at multiple companies that generated millions of dollars of revenue and had a global scale. Currently, he is consulting startups and other companies, on Machine Learning, Cloud Architecture, and CTO level consulting as the founder of Pragmatic A.I. Labs.
His most recent books are:
- Pragmatic A.I.: An introduction to Cloud-Based Machine Learning (Pearson, 2018)
- Python for DevOps (O'Reilly, 2020).
His most recent video courses are:
- Essential Machine Learning and A.I. with Python and Jupyter Notebook LiveLessons (Pearson, 2018)
- AWS Certified Machine Learning-Specialty (ML-S) (Pearson, 2019)
- Python for Data Science Complete Video Course Video Training (Pearson, 2019)
- AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty Complete Video Course and Practice Test Video Training (Pearson, 2019)
- Building A.I. Applications on Google Cloud Platform (Pearson, 2019)
- Pragmatic AI and Machine Learning Core Principles (Pearson, 2019)
- Data Engineering with Python and AWS Lambda (Pearson, 2019)
His most recent online courses are:
- Microservices with this Udacity DevOps Nanodegree (Udacity, 2019)
- Command Line Automation in Python (DataCamp, 2019)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2020-Real World & Pragmatic
You can follow Noah Gift on social media and on the web at: