Choosing an Agile Scaling Framework
Last updated on 2016-04-12
About the Book
Organizations today face competitive challenges unlike anything their Industrial Age processes and methods were designed to handle. In a time when customers expect near-instantaneous delivery of new and enhanced software products, the cumbersome methods of a bygone era are not up to the task. Companies are sinking under the weight of their own outdated methods.
Not to worry! Numerous consultants, software vendors, trainers, and coaches stand ready to come to the rescue, invoices in hand. All you have to do is figure out whether what they're selling has anything to do with what you need.
How hard could _that_ be?
- 1 | Introduction
2 | Context
3 | Something old, something new
- Old assumptions, new assumptions, and implications for your assessment of frameworks
3 | Something borrowed, something blue
- Agile thinking
- Soft sciences
- Systems Thinking
- Complexity Theory
- Queueing Theory
- Lean Thinking
- Theory of Constraints
- Business Agility
- Stoos Movement & related
- Traditional thinking
4 | Same or different?
- All the same elephant
- Sources and influences
- When a framework is not a framework
- Spin-offs and imitators
5 | Groundwork
- 1. Clarify the mission
- 2. Assess the current state
- 3. Define a roadmap for improvement
- 4. Establish measurements
- 5. Execute
6 | Mapping frameworks to goals
- Common problems
- What do organizations actually do?
- Which frameworks support which goals?
- Whatever you choose to do, do it
7 | Sample scenarios
- Scenario 1: Low proportion of value-add time to total lead time
- Scenario 2: Excessive dependencies between work streams, work sites, and teams
- Scenario 3: Extending Scrum
- Scenario 4: Preparing for a buy-out
- Scenario 5: Modernizing a RUP shop
- Information about the frameworks
- Recommended reading
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.