Functional Programming in C# with Categories (The Course)
This course includes 1 attempt.
NOTE: The Full Book:" Functional Programming in C# with Categories" is provided FREE with the current course.
This is a Video Lectures course that covers the outline of the book "Functional Programming in C# with Categories"
You can take a look at the GitHub repository of the course here CourseFunctionalCSharpWithCategories
This course includes- 1 hour on-demand video
What you'll learn
- Core Functional concepts like Functors ,Monoids, Monads, Folding , Maybe Monad, Try Monad. Either Monad and more
- Better understanding of Extension Methods, Func Delegates, Anonymous Functions, Local functions, ValueTuples
- Classic Functional Techniques like Currying and Partial application and more
- Functional Programming concepts for C# with all the latest C#8.0 features
- The theory behind modern functional programming
- Introductory Category theory and how it relates to Functional programming
- Advance C# Linq Features that allows our classes to use native LINQ syntax like Select, SelectMany, Where
- You should atleast have atleast a couple of years of experience developing with C#
As the C# becomes more and more functional, in 2019 C# developers have to be familiar with the functional paradigm.
The purpose of this course is to give you a deep dive into the world of functional programming, by presenting it's methods and techniques through the lenses of the object-oriented paradigm.
Do you think Everything is a Function or you mostly believe that Everything is an Object?
In this book we will take a closer look at some of the most popular Functional techniques and Patterns from a C# point of view:
- Maybe /Option Monad
- Either Monad
- Task as Monad
- Try Monad
- IO Functor
- Lazy<T> as Functor
- Nullable as Functor
- and more
Who this course is for:
- C# developers who want to have an initial understanding of Category Theory in programming
- Intermediate and Advanced C# developers who want to know about Functional programming and category theory
- Functional Programmers in F# or Haskell that want to get an easier transition in C#
- Free Copy of the Accompanying C# Book
- Video Lesson One: Functors
- Video Lesson Two: Extending Lazy<T> to a Functor
- Video Lesson Three: Extending Task<T> to a Functor
- Video Lesson Four: Extending Func<T> to a Functor
- Video Lesson Five: Extending Nullable<T> to a Functor
- Video Lesson Six: Monads - What is a Monad
- Video Lesson Seven: Maybe as Functor
- Video Lesson Eight: Maybe as Monad
- Lesson Nine: Maybe Monad Example
- Video Lesson Ten: Either
- Video Lesson Eleven: Either Monad
- Video Lesson Twelve: Either Monad Example
- Video Lesson Thirteen: Making Task a Monad
- Video Lesson Fourteen: Task Monad Example
I have more than 14 years’ experience as full stack developer and Architect.
I Like to stay in touch with all the latest developments in the field, as well as the foundational Theoretical Computer science and algorithm Analysis and Design
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them