Flask Masterclass (The Course)
This course includes 3 attempts.
This is the Flask course to take if you are interested into serious Flask development. It covers gearing Flask for scale and includes healthy practices such as testing and logging. More than 30 chapters with numerous apps. Psst, move the scale to the left.
- About The Factory Pattern
- Factory Pattern
- Implementing the pattern
- Why such a pattern?
- Configuration Profiles
- Inheritance in Python
- App structure
- Purposeful profiles
- Immediate benefits
- Switching between profiles
- Good to know
- Secrets Management
- Overview of the instance folder
- Setting up the instance folder
- Testing the configuration
- Setting up the instance folder from scratch
- Environment variables
- Commandline Arguments
- Implement command-line arguments using
- The Flask shell
- Customizing the Flask shell
- Implementing manage.py
- Pattern For Avoiding Application Factory Errors
- File for declarations
- Section 1 Quiz
- Advantages of an ORM
- Differences between SQLAlchemy and Flask-SQLAlchemy
- Setting up Flask-SQLAlchemy
- Creating the database
- SQLAlchemy tables
- Setting up Flask-Migrate
- Using Flask-Migrate
- Flask-Login requirements
- Overview of the app
- Setting up configurations
- Implementing our models
- Dealing with authentication
- Why Bcrypt (or Flask-Bcrypt) is not needed for this demo?
- What is a blueprint?
- Writing templates
- Setting up views
- Tweaking the app.py
- Running the app
- Adding an admin view
- Flask-Uploads concepts
- Good to know
- Flask-WTForms concepts
- Demo app
- Good to know
- Why is Marshmallow-Sqlalchemy useful?
- Implementing Flask-marshmallow
- Choosing what fields to display
- Our app
- Edit page
- Dealing with the CSRF Token
- Watch emails arrive
- Section 2 Quiz
- Pushing The Modular Approach Further
- Benefits of the modular pattern
- Caveats of modular patterns
- Enhancing The Modular Approach
- Registering blueprints on the fly
- Automating the creation of modules
- The facultative nature of module elements
- Assets Management
- Modular assets management
- More Project Management Options
- Implementing theming
- Spawning new projects
- Section 3 Quiz
- Introduction To pytest
- Getting started with PyTest
- Dealing with multiple files
- Defining Flask Fixtures
- Flask fixtures
- Documenting With Sphinx
- Set up Sphinx
- Section 4 Quiz
- APIs With Flask
- Available frameworks for developing API apps
- flask-restx Fundamentals
- Advanced flask-restx Concepts
- Custom input validation
- Defining default response messages for status codes
- Using with the application factory pattern.
- Explicitly adding models to the documentation
- Nested and List fields in models
- Returning a list of items
- Auth, JWT, Errors and CORS
- Documenting authorizations
- Crafting responses
- Decouple the business logic from the endpoint
- The convenience of tracking operation success
- Pattern for JWT validation
- Relationship Between Flask And Werkzeug
- What is Flask made up of?
- The problem that Werkzeug sometimes poses
- How Context Processing Works
- Request Context
- Flask signals concerning request context
- Application context
- Flask’s g
- Deploying To Shared Hosting
- What to look for?
- How to proceed?
- New In Flask 2.0
- Loading any type of configuration file
- Nested blueprints
- Named methods
- Async requests
- Flask Community Workgroup
- About the need for a community workgroup
- About the Pallets-eco
- Shopyo: The Framework Behind The Course
- Other Useful Extensions
- Further Readings
Long-time Python and Open Source specialist.
This course has a private forum for learners who are taking this course.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them