Algorithms and Data Structures in C#: Complete Tutorial (The Course)
Algorithms and Data Structures in C#: Complete Tutorial
Learn data structures and algorithms in C# from A to Z. Pass coding interview. Learn unit testing and TDD in addition.
- Course Info
- Course Materials
Why learn about data structures and algorithms?
Algorithms and data structures constitute the fundamentals of programming.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures is one of the most important requirements for a great number of work positions. You'll have to solve many problems related to algorithms and data structures at coding interviews. Indeed, you can live without an understanding of algorithms and data structures, in general. However, you can do that until you face a real problem which requires to choose right data structures and implement custom algorithms. If you haven't ever faced such problems, believe me, this is just a matter of time. One day, you'll face such a problem and if you don't understand algorithms and data structures in depth, you'll feel yourself ashamed and helpless. You'll be stuck.
- If you're not good at algorithms and data structures, you'll never pass a coding interview in a decent company. Almost all the companies prefer to hire those developers who have good understanding of algorithms and data structures, remember that. Do not delay the study of fundamental concepts.
- Better hardware is not a solution for all the performance-related problems. Sometimes, you need to write software for very slow devices. And that very often depends on the budget of a customer, by the way, so you don't have a control over it.
- You'd better to understand what's going on under the hood at least one level in-depth. Indeed, if you don't understand how List works, sometimes you'll make sub-optimal or completely wrong decisions.
Why this course?
You may ask me "why should I take exactly your course?" And here is my answer:
- This course is a comprehensive tutorial which covers a great number of topics
- I tried to do my best to make this course not dry
- This course concentrates not only at algorithms and data structures in general but it uncovers the internals of data structures and algorithms built-in .NET BCL (.NET Core's BCL is the same regarding fundamental data structures and algorithms)
- This course is practical with exercises and solutions
- This course will definitely help you to pass technical interviews
- This course is made by a professional software developer with more than 10 years of real-world experience
- and many other reasons :)
What's in the Course?
For now, the course covers:
- Introduction to Algorithms and Data Structures: what is a data structure, abstract data type and what's the difference between these notions. What is an algorithm and why they are important to us?
- Introduction to Algorithm Analysis: determine how long will a program work, build a log-log plot, approximations, order of growth (Big-O notation), memory consumption
- Arrays: arrays in C#, arrays in memory, time complexity of operations on arrays
- Sort Algorithms: bubble sort, selection sort, insertion sort, recursion, shell sort, merge sort, quick sort, stability of sort algorithms
- Lists: List built-in .NET BCL, nodes, linked list including singly and doubly linked lists, linked list built-in .NET
- Stacks: theory and practice; stack based on array, stack based on a linked list, stack built-in .NET
- Queues: theory and practice; queue based on array, circular queue, queue based on linked list, queue built-in .NET BCL
- Search Algorithms: linear search, binary search (more will be added soon)
- Immutable Collections: immutability and memory pressure, immutable stacks and queues, immutable list, immutable sets, immutable dictionaries, builders in immutable collections
- Other big sections upcoming soon including:
- Trees, Heaps, Hashtables
Take this course now and you'll be satisfied!
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Tame your Work FlowSteve Tendon and Daniel Doiron
Do you need a high performance enterprise governance approach improving management, execution and delivery while dealing with multiple projects/products, events, stakeholders and teams? Giving you better bottom line results, faster time to market, less work, better predictability, happier employees, and delighted clients? Then learn about TameFlow!
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Windows 10 System Programming, Part 1Pavel Yosifovich
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
General Systems Thinker Bundle
5 BooksThe General Systems Thinker Bundle is just that: a bundle of five books to advance the reader one giant step toward improved thinking, based on General Systems principles. Four of the books are the complete General Systems Series. The fifth is fictional piece which shows some general systems thinkers in action. It's a mystery in which a group of...
Experiential Learning Bundle
4 BooksThis bundle provides all four volumes of the popular Experiential Learning Series at a savings of $20 over the price if purchased separately.
2 BooksAfter getting up and running with Ansible in Jeff Geerling's Ansible for DevOps, strengthen your skills managing tens to thousands of instances and services in Amazon's AWS cloud with Yan Kurniawan's Ansible for AWS.