Build Your Own Neural Network in Python
Last updated on 2017-04-01
About the Book
What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of machine learning?
And you start thinking, I need a PhD in 10 different disciplines just to get started with this!
But what if machine learning wasn't so hard? What if you could build your own Neural Network from scratch, using basic Python?
Introducing Neural Networks
Neural Networks are machine learning algorithms loosely modeled on the human brain. They are great at solving complex problems like image recognition and speech processing.
Even though Neural Networks can solve complex problems, their implementation is fairly easy, and only uses high school level maths (and if even that scares you, I will cover all the maths required with examples).
To reiterate: We will be using very little maths. The focus will be on practical stuff.
What we will go over in this eBook:
1. Theory behind Neural Networks
2. A simplified intro to the maths behind neural networks
3. Back propagation, multiple layers and more
4. A complex example, like recognise handwritten digits
- Introduction to Keras
- Carry out Sentiment analysis on movie reviews
- Build your own image detector, recognise images like cars, ships and different animals etc
Human Brains vs Computers
- Neurons and Artifical Neuron Networks
Building Our Neural Network: Learning the Basics
More on Neurons
- A Very Basic Neural Network
- A Fully Worked Example
- Matrix Multiplication
Back Propagation and Hidden Layers
- Back Propagation
- Error updating with Matrixes
- Updating the Weights
- More on Neurons
Coding Our Neural Network
- Preparing the Input and Weights
- Reading Handwritten Digits
Chapter 9: Build Our Neural Network
- Step 1: Initialize our weights
Predict Handwritten Digits
- Testing the neural network
- Using Your Own Handwriting Sample
Case Studies and More Examples
- Keras: High Level Interface to NN
- Sentiment Analysis
- New Layer: Convolution
- Using the model to predict our own images
- Use Keras to Detect and Identify Thousands of Image Types
- Bye Byes are Sad
Machine Learning For Complete Beginners
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Machine Learning with Python
- Why Programming Practice is Needed
- Titanic Practice Sessions
- Machine Learning For Complete Beginners
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.