Building Web Applications Using Parse REST API
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-01-07
About the Book
In this book will illustrate how to use Parse.com as your own database backend, by creating a simple blog with posts and comments ..
* You need also to have an account on Parse.com.
* You will need to have LAMP installed on your workstation or to have your own simple vps .. This book is not intended to teach you Laravel, instead it will help you to learn how to use Parse.com in your next web project ..
Christopher Pitt : I found the formatting sufficient, the language easy to follow and the level of detail exactly right to not bore me to death. If you’re keen to learn how to use Parse, and you know a tiny bit of Laravel, this is definitely a good read. Read the full review
Laravel News : No. This book is not an exhaustive reference of Laravel functionality, but then it doesn’t aim to be. It’s purpose is to demonstrate how to use Parse data storage in a concrete application, and that it does well. Read the full review
- What Is Laravel
- What Is Parse Data?
- Now What?
Creating Parse.com Data Classes
- Data Types:
- Creating Your Classes:
- Setting Up The Database
- Creating The Migration File
- Creating The Seed File
- Setting up the Layout template
- Creating The Authentication Controller
Creating Posts Controller:
- Configure Parse.com Library:
- Testing Our Parse.com Configuration:
- Creating Admin Posts Controller:
Creating The Comments Controller
- Creating The Comments Controller
- Building General Actions:
Putting everything together
- Posts Missing functionality
- Comments Missing functionality
- Front-end Functionality
- getPost Function
Refactoring the posts controller, to use Models
- Create the Posts Model Class
- Create getPosts Function
- Create getPost Function
- Creating deleteItem Function
- Create handleItem Function
Refactoring the comments controller, to use Models
- The Comments Model Class
- getComments Function
- getComment Function
- getPostComments Function
- deleteItem Function
- handleItem Function
Mastering Parse Query Class
- How to use parse query class
- More about Parse Products
- More about Laravel
Preparing your production server
- Creating Your Laravel & nginx Server
- Final Words
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...