Developing an HTML5 Brick-breaker Game With Phaser (The Book + Code)
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-05-31
About the Book
This book is intended to be a practical introduction to HTML5 game development using the Phaser framework by developing a complete game with well-known mechanics. It is bundled with all the necessary assets, so we can focus on the code and not finding extra resources, or developing "programmer artwork".
By the end of the book, you'll have learned to:
- Set up an organized file structure for developing games for the web
- Create a blank game and test everything runs OK
- Import images and sounds
- Show and move sprites on the screen
- Manage a group of sprites
- Play sound effects and background music
- Show text on the screen with custom web fonts
- Handle touch and keyboard input
- Detect collisions and use the Arcade physics system
- How to start using the particle system
- Manage game states
- Create a "loading" screen
- Optimize the game for mobile devices
You can play the game online on itch.io at: http://pctroll.itch.io/html5-breaker
The Book + Code
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...