This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-08-25
About the Book
So, you're a developer building an app, and you want it to look great?
Take the guesswork out of your design and leave the "making it look good" part to the many designers who use the Bootstrap front end framework. Exploit your skills as a .NET developer and your background in ASP.NET to explore ways you can leverage the MVC Framework with Bootstrap.
Dive into controllers, actions, views and partials to see how these elements of your application development arsenal fit in with Bootstrap styling. Break down action filters and base controller classes to weave them together with specific elements of the design library.
- Introduction to Bootstrapping Mvc
- Following Along with the Source Code
I Warming Up
- 1. The MVC 5 Starter Project
- 2. Examining the Solution Structure
- 3. Adding a Controller and View
- 4. Making a Page Worth a Visit
- 5. Bootstrap for the Asp.Net Developer
II Enhancing Our Views
- 6. Reusing Design Elements on Multiple Pages
- 7. Semi-Automatic Bootstrap: Using Display Templates
- 8. Semi-Automatic Bootstrap: Editor Templates
- 9. Templates for Complex Types
- 10. HtmlHelper Extension Methods
- 11. Realistic Test Data for Our View
III Exploring Bootstrap
- 12. Implement Search Using Inline Forms and AJAX
- 13. Standard Styling and Horizontal Forms
- 14. Bootstrap Alerts and MVC Framework TempData
- 15. Some Bootstrap Basics
- 16. Conceptual Organization of the Bootstrap Library
- 17. LESS is More: Building Bootstrap in Visual Studio
IV Adding Some Sparkle
- 18. Customizing and Rendering Bootstrap Badges
- 19. Long-Running Notifications Using Badges and Entity Framework Code First
ActionFilterto Inject Notifications
- 21. Cleaning Up Filtering, the Layout & the Menu
V So, You’ve Got People Logging In
- 22. Sprucing up Identity for Logged In Users
- 23. Choosing Your Own Look-And-Feel
- 24. Storing User Profile Information
- 25. Personalizing Notifications
- 26. Bootstrap Tabs for Managing Accounts
- 27. Rendering Data in a Bootstrap Table
VI Wrapping Up With Some More Bootstrap
- 28. Doing More Interesting Things With Buttons
- 29. Confirmation Dialogs for Delete Actions
- 30. Loading Bootstrap Modal Content via AJAX
- Wrapping it All Up
- Appendix I: Free Training For All the Peoples!
- Appendix II: The Frameworks Feature Guide
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.