The Ultimate How-To Guide to an Effective Blog
About the Book
A blog is arguably the most powerful part of a website. Through blogging, you create content that fuels your social media marketing, email newsletters, advertising campaigns, SEO, and it even helps your sales team close deals.
If you're not taking advantage of blogging now, you'd better start building that knowledge. Download our ebook and use the advice shared here as a roadmap to creating an effective blog.
Inside are over 130 pages of blogging advice covering everything from choosing the right blog platform to converting blog traffic.
- About the Author
Learn Why Your Business Should Blog
- Only Great Blog Content Will Win
- Blogging Can Work For Any Business
- Businesses that Blog Rank Better
- Opportunity for More Digital Word of Mouth
- Put Focus on Quality Over Quantity
Choosing a Blogging Platform
- Hosted vs. Self-Hosted Blogs
- A Close Look at The Top Blogging Platforms
The Many Types of Blog Posts
- What is…
- Lists (or Listicles)
- Link Lists
- Survey or Poll
- FAQ or Q&A
- Thought Leadership
- Media Posts
Blog Frequency: How Often Should You Post?
- Put Your Readers First
- Do Some Research
- Adjust Your Blog Frequency Gradually
- Be Realistic to Maintain Your Schedule and Quality
- Use a Content Calendar
Creating a Content Calendar for Your Blog
- 1. Identify Your Target Audience
- 2. Identify the Needs of your Target Audience
- 3. Create Categories of Needs
- 4. Start a Topic List and Organize by Category
- 5. Think About Seasons and Events
- 6. Convert Each Broad Topic into a Series
- 7. Diversify Content Type
- 8. Diversify Your Social Media Channels
- 9. Start Using That Calendar!
- Remember to Evaluate and Adjust
How to Generate Ideas for Blog Posts
- Create a Content Calendar
- Try a Title Generator
- Read Related Blogs and Learn to Pickpocket Ideas
- Curate Content
- Check in on Social Media
- Just Ask
- Read Relevant Q&A or FAQ Sites
Creating Killer Blog Headlines
- 7 elements to seriously consider when writing a great headline:
- Test Your Headlines
- Headlines Take Time to Perfect
Uncovering the Best Blog Post Length
- Ask Your Audience
- Key factors impact the ideal length for your blog posts.
- What Does Google Think About Blog Post Length?
- Longer Post Do Better, But Why?
Use Images in Blog Posts and Get More Engagement
- Why do people engage with photos to this level?
- What Kinds of Images Work Best?
- How to Optimize Images
- Break up blocks of text with images.
- Use Quality Images in Your Quality Content
Optimizing Your Blog Posts for Search Engines
- Basic SEO Strategies
- Advanced SEO Tactics
- Striking a Balance with SEO Through Taking a Tiered Approach
How to Promote Your Blog Posts and Grow Traffic
- Free Blog Promotion Techniques
- Paid Blog Promotion Techniques
Nurturing Your Users to Grow a Blog Community
- How Do You Nurture a Blog Community?
Monetizing Your Blog: 8 Techniques
- 1. Become a Thought Leader in Your Industry
- 2. On-Site Advertising
- 3. Join an Affiliate Program
- 4. Sell a Book
- 5. Sell Your Services
- 6. Sell Products
- 7. Setup Membership and Subscriptions
- 8. Sell Your Blog
Converting Blog Readers into Business Customers
- Think of How Your Content Fits into Your Customer’s Buying Journey
- Use premium, Value-Added Content to Create Leads
- Create Landing Pages
- Incorporate Call to Actions (CTAs)
- Reduce Distractions
- Think Long-Term / Don’t Go Straight for the Kill
Analyzing the ROI of Your Blog Posts
- Regularly Audit Content
- How often should you perform analysis of your content?
- Use Google Analytics
- SEO Performance (Give This at Least 3 Months)
- Look for Gaps in Google Webmaster Tools
- What to do with branches that are not bearing fruit?
- Analytics is an Ongoing Process
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.