Blockchain for Documents
Blockchain for Documents
What do blockchain and PDF have in common? Security
About the Book
Does this story sound familiar?
You have send out some contracts in PDF to yourclients, and would like to be able to track real time who has already singed the document, and with whom it is now.
You've paid a digital invoice of your supplier, and afterwards it seemed to be fake - you were a victim of invoicing fraude.
These issues and many more can now be solved by Blockchain.
What blockchain and PDF have in common?
Blockchain has become well-known because of its use with Bitcoin, but there are several lesser known applications of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
This eBook focuses on how you can use Blockchain in combination with PDFs to write applications.
This eBook will explain you everything tou need to get started with blockchain for documents:
- How to reduce the complexity of your code when needing digital signing and verification functionality,
- How to assure the integrity and authenticity of a document, and
- How to automate your document-oriented workflows.
Table of contents
- Why iText and Blockchain?
- Basic Concepts (Glossary)
- PDF and Digital Signatures
- Advantages of using Blockchain for Signing PDF Documents
- When Contracts aren't Smart Contracts
- Use Cases
Table of Contents
Why iText and Blockchain?
- The Dematerialization of the Document
- How to turn a threat into an opportunity?
- What’s the market?
Basic Concepts (Glossary)
- Concepts related to Blockchain:
- Concepts related to PDF
- About our Blockchain patents
PDF and Digital Signatures
- Requirements that PDF digital signatures need to meet
- Creating a digital signature for PDF
- Are our initial requirements met?
- Potential problems inherent to digital signatures and PDF
Advantages of using Blockchain for Signing PDF documents
- How Blockchain can make you love the things you hate about PAdES
- When not to use this approach?
- When Contracts aren’t Smart Contracts
- Supply chain
- Port of Antwerp
- Avoid Link rot
- Asset management
- Last will and testament
- Sensitive information
- There’s more
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them