About the Book
Please Understand That By Buying This Book You Will Be Getting Regular Updates - This book is not yet finished in the sense I will continue to update and add chapters as I continue to help readers learn more about using Windows 10.
This is the complete guide to using, understanding and installing Windows 10 for beginners. This book is for the beginner who wants to learn about Windows 10 or for people who want to learn more about the features of Windows 10. I wrote this book as a guide to help people with very little technical knowledge. I think everyone no matter what your skill level should know how to use Windows 10 since it's here to stay and Microsoft shows no intentions of ever creating a Windows 11. Knowing Windows 10 is going to be a life skill like just like using your smartphone. I hope to really help everyone become a better user of Windows 10 and make using this operating system a fun, easy and enjoyable process.
I picked Leanpub for a few reasons.
- it is a great platform for technical books and digital purchases.
- Unlike Amazon and other platforms, I like how someone can pay what they want for the book.
- The ease of being able to update the book is MUCH easier than Amazon and other platforms.
- The book gets released in the following formats: PDF, MOBI and EPUB. Get one, get them all. And get updates as they come out.
- This book is written and updated transparently and publicly so you can follow along, download updates, and provide feedback as it is updated.
- We wrote this book ourselves and there's no publishing company to get in the way.
- Because it's electronic, not paper, we can and will keep it up to date regularly going forward and save the environment.
About the Author
If you stumbled along this book or are someone who bought this book because they know me, my podcast, my blog or are a friend, coworker or interested in security let me tell you a little about myself.
I am a technology blogger, podcaster, and entrepreneur. I have worked in the computer security and administration field all of my adult life with a long list of certifications. I mostly specialize in Microsoft, Mac and Linux. My certifications include
- Comptia A+
- Comptia Network+
- Comptia Linux+
- Comptia Security+
- Microsoft Certified Technical Professional
- HP Professional
As a teenager, I was involved in computer vo-tech and pursued a college degree in Information Technology. I got into computers and electronics after finding a love of ham radio early in my childhood life. I felt computers were a better fit for me then electronics and enjoyed it much more and wanted a career in the field.
After graduating college summa cum laude I started my first computer business which became a success, I then later reincorporated and branched out into advanced systems architecture including Linux and windows server infrastructure, routing, and security.
After the success of my business, I wanted to pursue a career in technology journalism. In college, I took many classes in technical writing which help encourage my pursuit of technology journalism and in 2011 The Technology Geek was founded.
The Technology Geek originally started as a technology blog but has now branched out into podcasting and video blogging to keep up with the changes time in journalism.