About the Book
Bundled with this book is a template that will give you a head start in your publishing process. In fact, this very book was produced with the same template. You can check out the template here.
Still unsure whether this book is for you?
- Are you a first-time author with a complete manuscript that you are ready to publish?
- Or do you write novels in Word but now want to write a non-fiction book?
- Perhaps you are a professional editor seeking to expand your services from merely editing Word files to helping to release books online?
- Are you spending a lot of time indexing or managing bibliographical references?
- You may already be a LaTeX expert who wants to publish your work as an e-book. Are you planning a series and need to reuse text blocks? Are you looking for ways to share your work and collaborate with others? Are you looking for support to help you with diagrams and graphics?
Besides providing you with a free, ready-to-use template (for the new Overleaf platform) to publish your next book, Better Books with LaTeX can teach you:
- Advantages of using LaTeX instead of Word.
- The basics of LaTeX to get you started and to make small adjustments to the template included with this book.
- Special requirements for final polishing (images, blank spaces, page breaks, etc.) to make a professional-looking book / e-book.
And how to:
- Convert a LaTeX document into a Kindle e-book in order to sell it on Amazon or Google.
- Structure your book (foreword, preface, publisher information, table of contents, glossary, ...) within a LaTeX project.
- Better manage bibliographical references in order to save time and reduce mistakes.
- Better manage indexes in order to save time during index creation and after page changes.
- Re-use glossary items and other text blocks to save time when writing a series.
- Create a book cover, add LaTeX graphics, and work with a designer to help you create an appealing book that sells.
About the Author
What would lead a computer scientist to write about publishing books with LaTeX? Clemens Lode has a passion for clean design and streamlined workflows in software projects. The same methods can be applied to publishing and typesetting. In this book, he explains the provided book template—file by file—so that you can adapt it to your needs and concentrate on actually writing and marketing the book.
With his Better Books series, Clemens Lode covers the entire publishing process, from your initial concept to marketing your book on Amazon or Google. The focus of this book is to organize your book's files, images, and formatting, as well as the automated process of uploading your book to a publisher. The focus of Writing Better Books the Agile Way is to organize your content and project as a whole.