Beneath A Surface
Last updated on 2018-12-19
About the Book
After having failed to create a market for tablets in the early 2000s, Microsoft launched a new hardware effort in 2012 to disastrous results. The company was forced to write-down $900 million in inventory and Surface’s future was in jeopardy.
Beneath A Surface tells the inside story of how Microsoft turned its hardware dreams into a reality with new details about the challenges Panos and his team had to overcome as well as the internal politics that nearly killed the brand.
For fans of Microsoft and those who are interested in the business of building brands, Beneath A Surface is a must read that tells the inside story of how Microsoft turned a failure into a fortune.
- Chapter 1 - Early Ambitions
- Chapter 2 - From Table to Tablet
- Chapter 3 - Building the First
- Chapter 4 - Inviting the World
- Chapter 5 - Surface Unveiling
- Chapter 6 - A Perfect Disaster
- Chapter 7 - The Writedown
- Chapter 8 - Chasing Two The Success Dragon
- Chapter 9 - Second Generation RT and Pro
- Chapter 10 - The Accessories of Hope
- Chapter 11 - Accidentally NFL
- Chapter 12 - Eating Two Careers
- Chapter 13 - The Future Depends on This
- Chapter 14 - Surface Pro 3 Debut
- Chapter 15 - The Lost Mini
- Chapter 16 - Everyone is Mad at Microsoft
- Chapter 17 - A Lumia, a Surface Pro, and a Surface Book Walk Into a Conference Room
- Chapter 18 - Saving Windows
- Chapter 19 - The Hardware High Note
- Chapter 20 - A Hard Computer Science Problem
- Chapter 21 - The Studio
- Chapter 22 - The Pawn for Windows 10 S
- Chapter 23 - Larger is Better and Harder
- Chapter 24 - Let it Go
- Chapter 25 - Full USB-Circle
- Chapter 26 - The Past and Future
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...