Beginning Flutter with Dart
This book is 70% complete
Last updated on 2020-08-18
About the Book
Flutter is a free and open-source mobile UI framework created by Google. There are other tools for the mobile application developers, but Flutter has distinguished it lately for its one single codebase that runs everywhere. If you learn Flutter, with the help of one programming language Dart, and one single codebase you will be able to create two mobile applications, one for Android and the other for iOS.
To start with you need to install Flutter that consists of SDK or Software Development Kit and the framework that consists of User Interface libraries based Widget.
This book will teach you from the very beginning - how to install Flutter, what IDE you need and above all, how to build your first mobile application.
Because Flutter uses Dart programming language, we will start with Flutter, but side by side we will also learn Dart. We will see how Dart programming concepts are implemented in Flutter.
Why you will learn Flutter? It is because, Flutter is much simpler to build mobile applications than other available tools.
We have organized this book in two parts. This part one is meant for absolute beginners. In Part two we will see how we can carry forward our knowledge to known to lesser known facts about Flutter.
In this part of the book, an absolute beginner will learn the language basics of Dart programming, which is extremely important to understand the core Flutter Widget, and Application logic.
With the help of this knowledge we will learn to build a native cross platform mobile application from scratch using Flutter tool.
1. Getting Started
- Who should read this book?
- Flutter for Windows
- Flutter for macOS and Linux
- Relation between Flutter and Dart
- Functions and Objects
- Building the mobile application from scratch
2. Flutter and Dart Architecture: Understanding Class and Object
- A Short Introduction to Class and Objects
- How two objects interact
- More about classes and objects
- How Flutter and Dart work together
- Positional and Named argument
3. Dart Language Basic and its implementation in Flutter
- Variables Store References
- Built-in Types in Dart
- Suppose, you don’t like Variables
- More about built-in types
- Understanding Strings
- To be True or to be False
- Introduction to Collections: Arrays are Lists in Dart
- Get, Set and Go
- Operators are Useful
- Equality and relational operators
- Type test operators
- Assignment operators
- Summary of this Part
- Implementing Dart concepts to Flutter
4. Digging Deep into Dart to learn Flutter Logic
- Control the flow of your code
- If and Else
- Conditional Expression
- Looking at Looping
- While and Do-While
- Understanding the Looping Patterns
- For Loop Labels
- Continue with For Loop
- Decision making with Switch and case
- Digging Deep into Object-Oriented Programming
- More about Constructors
- How to implement Classes
- More on Functions or Methods
- Lexical Scope in Function
- A few words about Getter and Setter
- More than one Constructor
- Changing the UI of the Flutter projects
5. How to build Flutter UI using Widgets
- Common Widgets in Flutter
- Powerful Basic Widgets
- Anonymous Functions: Lambda, Higher Order Functions, and Lexical Closures
- Exploring Higher-Order Functions
- Inheritance and Mixins in Dart
- Mixins: Adding more Features to a Class
6. Layouts in Flutter, Tips and Tricks
- Customize child Widgets
- Layout mechanism of Flutter
- Library of layout widgets
- Abstract Class and Methods
- Advantage of Interfaces
- Static Variables and Methods
- The ‘Closure’ is a Special Function
- Data Structures and Collections
- Lists: Fixed Length and Growable
- Set: An Unordered Collections of Unique Items
- Maps: the Key, Value Pair
- Queue is Open-Ended
- Callable Classes
- Exception Handling
- Dart Packages and Libraries
7. Introduction to State Management and Form Validation in Flutter and Dart
- State is mutable
- Life cycle of State
- Role of Controller in TextField Widget
- How List and Map used in StateFul DropdownButton Widget
- How to Valiadate a Form using State Management
8. Provider: A recommended approach to manage State and Model-View-Controller Pattern
- Different approaches to state management
- A Step by Step guide to use Provider
- Model-View-Controller Patterns
- 9. Route in Flutter - moving from one Screen to others
- 10. SQLite Database and Map object
- 11. Everything about Essential Widgets that One Flutter Developer should know by heart
- 12. What Next…
Supporting Indigenous Peoples. Protecting the Amazon.http://amazonwatch.org
Amazon Watch is a nonprofit organization founded in 1996 to protect the rainforest and advance the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.