Web Application Development in Perl 6
Web Application Development in Perl 6
About the Book
Bailador and this book are forming each other as they move forward in parallel. You'll get frequent updates about the project and the current state of its feature through this book. At least till December 2017, the planned publishing date of the book.
Table of Contents
- Bug reporting
- v0.38 2017-12-03
- v0.37 2017-09-03
Hello Perl 6!
- What are Perl 6, Rakudo, and Rakudo Star?
- Installing Perl 6
- Install and set up Rakudo Star
- Install Rakudo on Linux
- Development environment using Vagrant
- “Hello World” on the command line
- “Hello World” in a plain program
- What is Bailador?
- History of Bailador
- Contributors of Bailador
- Install Bailador
- “Hello World” with Bailador
- Hello World with skeleton
- Testing the “application” so far
- Adding to Git
- Setting up Continuous Integration using Travis-CI
- Auto reloading Bailador when files are changed
- Errors in the code
- Development mode
- Configuring Nginx as a reverse proxy
- Configuring Apache as a reverse proxy
- Using Docker
- Deploying on Ubuntu
- Database access from Perl 6
- Command line program to access the database
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) from the command line
- Configuring MySQL
- Configuring PostgreSQL
- Use SQLite
- Echo with Bailador
- Counter that stores the count in a text file.
- Processing forms
- Input validation
- Counter that stores the count in a database.
Chapter 5 - Sessions
- Session management
Chapter 7 - API and Ajax
- Traditional web sites and Single Page Applications
- Full stack developer
- API and client-server programming
- AJAX - interaction between the client and the server.
- Data Serialization - Marshalling
- Creating an API that returns JSON
- Client side in JQuery
- RESTful API
- Simple calculator using Ajax with JQuery
Chapter 8 - Routing
- Setting up simple routes
- Routes with parameters
- Routes with wildcards
- Responding to GET request
- Responding to POST requests
- Request and Response objects
Chapter 9 - Templating system
- Mobile friendly - Make the HTML mobile friendly.
- Template::Mojo, the Templating System of Bailador
- Passing data to the templates
Chapter 10 - Handling errors while serving pages
- Handling 404 errors
- Handling 500 errors
- Handling 30x redirects
- Setting the HTTP header manually
Chapter 11 - Serving static files
- Generating robots.txt
- Generating sitemap.xml
- Generating RSS and Atom feed
- Using Memcached
- Using MongoDB
- Inspect manually and delete the MongoDB database
- Using Redis
- Personal Bookmark manager
- URL shortener
- TODO list
- Blog engine
- A job board
- Real estate manager
- Flight ticket vendor for low-cost flights
- Banner ads rotator
- Conference organizer
- Gradual development
- Sending e-mail
- Hashing Passwords and verifying them
- Verify a password
- Registration process with double-opt-in
- Change Password (when logged in)
- Reset forgotten password process
- IP based access restriction (2-step verification with e-mail)
- Secure initial configuration of web application
- Uploading files (e.g. images)
- Rate limit
- What files were installed by a module
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them