All books on Hiring developers
All books on Hiring developers
About the Bundle
Learn how to hire developers following the suggestions of a management consultant and a software engineer. Looking at this problem from two different perspectives you will get all the information you need to:
- understand how developers think
- find good developers
- determine which developers will fit in your organization
- communicate with developers
- work with developers on your requirements
- monitor the progress of developers to get the best outcome
These books are about giving you a strategy to hire developers, explaining you how to collect and analyze the information you need to make rational decisions about hiring.
Hiring the right developer can make a huge difference and ultimately determine if your projects are going to fail or not. Today software is the most relevant enabler for most business strategies and competition to hire developers is fierce. What we offer is a complete guide to help you in this competition.
Johanna Rothman is a well-known author, who has published several successful titles with different publishers including The Pragmatic Bookshelf. She won the award for Jolt Productivity with her previous work Manage It! Your Guide to Modern Pragmatic Project Management.
Federico Tomassetti is a Software Engineer with a PhD in Polyglot Software Development. He has published over 20 scientific papers and wrote for many magazines in the field. He has experience working in four countries for companies such as TripAdvisor and Groupon.
Hiring freelance software developers
A guide to find developers and work with them to get your project done
There is typical one thing staying between you and getting your project done: finding a software developer that can understand what you want and build it for you.
Where you find software developers? How much should you pay? How do you communicate with them?
This book try to get to the point and provide concise, actionable answers.
Hiring Geeks That Fit
Do you want to hire great people? Not sure how? Read this book.
Knowledge workers---our geeks---are different from skill-based staff, which makes hiring great ones difficult. But whether you're a manger or team member, this is the single most important decision you can make due to its long-lasting impact.
Because great geeks adapt their knowledge to your context, one developer or technical manager is not interchangeable with another. Hiring the right geeks, the ones who fit your culture, requires you to analyze your culture, determine your problems and define the essential qualities you want in your candidates. Hiring Geeks That Fit removes the guesswork from the hiring process, reduces the risk for costly hiring mistakes... and allows you to find the absolute best person for the job.
- Understand your culture to build a strong hiring foundation.
- Develop the best hiring strategy.
- Analyze your open position. What's really essential?
- Develop effective ads for different mediums, such as social media and user groups.
- Develop behavior-description questions to differentiate the talkers from those who've actually performed work relevant to your needs.
- Use those questions in phone-screens, in-person interviews, and references.
- Treat candidates with respect, so even those you reject are potential referrals.
- Create great first-day hire experiences so your new hire doesn't keep looking...
And much more...
You, your team, and your organization will live with the long-term consequences of your hiring decision. Invest the time for you and your team in how to hire and interview will pay off fast.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms