Recipes for Event-Driven Code
About the Book
- Who is this book for?
- Code style in this book
- A word on “altJS”
- 1.1 Now or later
- 1.2 When is a function async?
- 1.3 Async primitives
- 1.4 Nested callbacks
- 1.5 Exceptions in callbacks
- 2 Distributed Events
- 2.1 PubSub
- 2.2 Evented models
- 2.3 Custom jQuery events
- 2.4 Piping events with LucidJS
- 3 Promises and Deferreds
- 3.1 A very brief history of Promises
- 3.2 Making Promises
- 3.3 Passing arguments to callbacks
- 3.4 Progress notifications
- 3.5 Animation Promises
- 3.6 Combining Promises with
- 3.7 Binding to the future with
- 3.8 jQuery vs. Promises/A
- 3.9 Replacing callbacks with Promises
- 4 Flow Control with Async.js
- 4.1 The async ordering problem
- 4.2 Async collection methods
- 4.3 Chaining async functions
- 4.4 Parallelizing async functions
- 4.5 Dynamic async queueing
- 4.6 On autopilot
- 4.7 Minimalist flow control with Step
- 4.8 Other flow control libraries
- 5 Multi-threading with Workers
- 5.1 Web Workers
- 5.2 Node Workers with
- 6 Async Problems and Solutions
- 6.1 Problem: Where’d
- 6.2 Problem: Retrying async tasks
- 6.3 Problem: Testing async code
- 6.4 Problem: Aggregating events
- 6.5 Problem: Handling requests
- 6.6 Problem: Ajax spaghetti
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.