ASP.NET 5 Application Deployment Guide
This book is 30% complete
Last updated on 2015-11-20
About the Book
This is a work-in-progress e-book that covers everything you need to know about deploying ASP.NET 5 applications to production. It will cover:
- .NET Core and DNX, and how the process model for .NET changes
- How ASP.NET 5.0 applications run under IIS and the new HTTP server, Kestrel
- Building ASP.NET 5.0 applications as part of your continuous integration process
- Deploying applications using MSDeploy and Octopus Deploy
- The new JSON-based configuration model, and other changes to be aware of
Right now we're in very early stages, so follow along and watch it evolve.
- Goal of this book
Runtimes and Execution
- Runtimes: .NET Framework vs. .NET Core
- Execution: DNX
Publishing Appliations for Deployment
- Publishing with DNU
- To compile, or not to compile
- Publish once, deploy many times
- Running with Kestrel
- Running with IIS
- Deployment with MSDeploy
- Deployment with Octopus
- Environmental differences
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.