A Scrum Introduction
A Scrum Introduction
A Short Introduction to Agile and Scrum. Longer than the Scrum Guide, but shorter than most Scrum books.
About the Book
This book is based on a lot of experience and learning:
* Scrum trainer since 2008 (CST). And agile coach.
* 18+ years working with Scrum and implementations of Scrum
* I co-trained with Jeff Sutherland over 8 courses; and took Ken Schwaber's course.
* Worked with lots of other experts in this field.
* Learned a lot from my clients and my students, and their situations
These ideas should help you use Scrum better. The book should give you a clearer and more actionable idea about what Scrum is. The book should make you and your Team more effective. And enable you to deliver a better product to your customers. And have more fun!
NB. When you buy, you get all later updates for free.
And you can give me feedback. I'm listening!
- Note on Current Draft
- What Is Scrum?
- Why Scrum
The Scrum Team Roles
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- The Whole Team
- Roles Outside the Scrum Team
- The Sprint
- Sprint Planning
- The Daily Scrum
- The Sprint Review
- The Retrospective
- The Product Backlog
- The Sprint Backlog
- The Sprint Burndown Chart
- The Release Burndown Chart
- The Working Product and DOD
- The Impediment List
- [Move to Impediment List]
- [Move above to Impediment List]
- Product Backlog Refinement
- You Must Self-Organize
- Putting It Together
- Managers and Scrum
- Change and Scrum
- Scrum Values
Ideas Behind Scrum
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
- Other Ideas
- Key Questions, Myths, Mis-Understandings
- Recommended Reading
- Some Relevant Sayings and Quotes
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.