A Quiet Little Town
A Quiet Little Town
A lighthearted science fiction story that could happen to you
About the Book
“You can think of your life as just a practice run. A chance to try life out before you go for real. And you can practice as much as you need until you’re ready to go for real.” What if it was true? How would you live your life differently?
A science fiction story set in the not too distant future about growing up, problem solving and taking risks. Based on actual incidents, cutting edge technologies and medical research with a slight stretch of the imagination. A fast-paced easy to read story, not to be taken too serious. But you might want to slow down and reflect on the issues raised related to where our world may be headed.
- About the Book
- Chapter One – Background
- Chapter Two – Their own world
- Chapter Three – A secret
- Chapter Four – A private world
- Chapter Five – Never dream again
- Chapter Six – It’s your decision
- Chapter Seven – A big mistake
- Chapter Eight – Dreams that count
- Chapter Nine – A backup plan
- Chapter Ten – A drug
- Chapter Eleven – Someone else’s life
- Chapter Twelve – A space vessel
- Chapter Thirteen – Thinking better
- Chapter Fourteen – Thinking too much
- Chapter Fifteen – Fast rides
- Chapter Sixteen – A different drug
- Chapter Seventeen – One last bug
- Chapter Eighteen – A crazy dream
- Chapter Nineteen – Deep inside
- Chapter Twenty – A design limitation
- Chapter Twenty-One – A gate
- Chapter Twenty-Two – A fierce hunter
- Chapter Twenty-Three – Go fast, take chances
- Chapter Twenty-Four – Stay cool, think straight
- Chapter Twenty-Five – A serious game
- Chapter Twenty-Six – Crazy guidance
- Chapter Twenty-Seven – A theory
- Chapter Twenty-Eight – Without thinking
- Chapter Twenty-Nine – A baseball cap
- Chapter Thirty – Was it a test?
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.