Apple Watch: A Take Control Crash Course
Last updated on 2016-12-02
About the Book
You’ll like your Apple Watch as much as author Jeff Carlson does after you’ve read this book and used its advice to integrate the Apple Watch into your life, taking advantage of its many features for helping you focus on what you care about the most. That could mean not missing notifications to help you keep up with co-workers, being free to stash your iPhone so you can enjoy the sunset without worrying that your sitter is trying to reach you, making sure you move enough to fill your activity rings for the day, or any other of a million things that make the watch right for you.
Jeff walks you through getting to know the Apple Watch, complete with a chapter on picking one out if you haven’t already, along with topics that teach you how to navigate among the watch’s screens with the physical controls, taps on the screen, and the Siri voice assistant. You’ll also find advice on customizing watch faces and their complications, getting the notifications you want, handling text and voice communications, and using Apple’s core apps. A final chapter discusses taking care of your Apple Watch, including recharging, restarting, resetting, and restoring.
Read this ebook to Take Control of:
- Picking out your own Apple Watch
- Making watch face complications work for you
- Key settings that most people will want to know about
- Understanding how the watch interacts with your iPhone
- Placing and receiving phone calls on the watch
- Sending default (and customized) text messages
- Seeing email from only certain people
- Adding events to your calendar with Siri
- Glancing at what’s next in your daily schedule
- Managing reminders on your wrist
- Loading your watch with photos
- Using the watch as a button for your iPhone camera
- Using Apple Pay from your watch
- Putting tickets in your watch
- Taking the Apple Watch out for exercise
- Sending sketches and heartbeats to other Apple Watch owners
- Getting navigation directions
- Controlling an Apple TV or iTunes on the Mac with the Remote app
- Resetting a messed-up Apple Watch and force-quitting an app
This book is published on Leanpub by Take Control Books
With its Take Control series of ebooks, alt concepts inc. covers a wide range of technology topics, with a special emphasis on Apple products and services. Our catalog comprises over 100 titles, and we’ve sold hundreds of thousands of ebooks in the process of providing expert advice and technical know-how to tens of thousands of readers around the world. Join us today!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...