API Product Management
This book is 90% complete
Last updated on 2019-05-08
About the Book
Valuable and accessible products and services are the most important assets for any business, especially in the digital economy.
Through clear step-by-step explanations and real-life examples, you’ll learn the foundations of the API Product Management methodology.
It will help you to create, launch, and run digital products customers love.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. Preface
- 3. About the Authors
I Setting the Stage
- 4.1 What is API Product Management?
- 4.2 Why are API Products Hard?
- 4.3 What Will You Learn from this Book?
- 4.4 Is this Book for You?
- 4.5 How is this Book Organized?
5. Why API
- 5.1 Digital Economy
- 5.2 API Economy
6. Beginners Guide to API
- 6.1 What is an API?
- 6.2 Anatomy of an API
- 6.3 What is a Digital Product?
- 6.4 Paradigm Shift: From API to VPI
- 6.5 What is an API Management Platform?
- 6.6 Who are the API Stakeholders?
- 6.7 Summary
7. Understanding Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- 7.1 What is Digitization?
- 7.2 What is Digitalization?
- 7.3 What is Digital Transformation?
- 7.4 Summary
8. Two Breeds of API: API Products and API Solutions
- 8.1 Two Breeds of API and Paradigm of Change
- 8.2 API Solution is the Breed of Operations
- 8.3 What is an API Solution?
- 8.4 What is the Business Value of API Solutions?
- 8.5 API Product is the Breed of Tactics
- 8.6 What is an API Product?
- 8.7 What is the Business Value of an API Product?
- 8.8 Summary
9. Case Studies
- 9.1 Identity
- 9.2 Smart Catalogs
- 4. Introduction
II API Product Design
10. Human-Centered API Design
- 10.1 What is Human-Centered API Design?
- 10.2 Three Stages of API Program Maturity
- 10.3 API Workshop I: Learn API
- 10.4 API Workshop II: Asset Discovery and API Product Ideation
- 10.5 API Workshop III: API Ideation and Validation
- 10.6 Case Study: Identity
- 10.7 Summary
11. Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.1 What is the Difference Between Value Proposition and API
- 11.2 Foundations of Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.3 Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.4 Case Study: Identity
- 11.5 Conclusion
- 10. Human-Centered API Design
III API Product Strategy
- 12. Product Vision Board
- 13. Product Lifecycle Management
- 14. Ambition Matrix
- 15. Stakeholder Management
- 16. Business models
- 17. Goal-Oriented Roadmap
IV API Product Execution
18. Lean API Product Development
- 18.1 Foundations of Lean API Product Development
- 18.2 Overview of the Lean API Product Development
- 18.3 Prototype-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18.4 Analytics-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18. Lean API Product Development
19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
- 19.1 Deliver Value to the Customer
- 19.2 Provide Good User Experience to the Customer
- 19.3 API Interface Design & Architecture (aka Philosophy)
20. API Product Pitch for Everybody
- 20.1 Daily API Product Pitch
- 20.2 How to Pitch an API Product?
- 20.3 Effective Structures for an API Product Pitch
- 21. Conclusion
- 19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.