API Product Management
API Product Management
Product Strategy and Execution for the Digital Economy
About the Book
Valuable and accessible products and services are the most important assets for any business, especially in the digital economy.
Through clear step-by-step explanations and real-life examples, you’ll learn the foundations of the API Product Management methodology.
It will help you to create, launch, and run digital products customers love.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. Preface
- 3. About the Authors
I Setting the Stage
- 4.1 What is API Product Management?
- 4.2 Why are API Products Hard?
- 4.3 What Will You Learn from this Book?
- 4.4 Is this Book for You?
- 4.5 How is this Book Organized?
5. Why API
- 5.1 Digital Economy
- 5.2 API Economy
6. Beginners Guide to API
- 6.1 What is an API?
- 6.2 Anatomy of an API
- 6.3 What is a Digital Product?
- 6.4 Paradigm Shift: From API to VPI
- 6.5 What is an API Management Platform?
- 6.6 Who are the API Stakeholders?
- 6.7 Summary
7. Understanding Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- 7.1 What is Digitization?
- 7.2 What is Digitalization?
- 7.3 What is Digital Transformation?
- 7.4 Summary
8. Two Breeds of API: API Products and API Solutions
- 8.1 Two Breeds of API and Paradigm of Change
- 8.2 API Solution is the Breed of Operations
- 8.3 What is an API Solution?
- 8.4 What is the Business Value of API Solutions?
- 8.5 API Product is the Breed of Tactics
- 8.6 What is an API Product?
- 8.7 What is the Business Value of an API Product?
- 8.8 Summary
9. Case Studies
- 9.1 Identity
- 9.2 Smart Catalogs
- 4. Introduction
II API Product Design
10. Human-Centered API Design
- 10.1 What is Human-Centered API Design?
- 10.2 Three Stages of API Program Maturity
- 10.3 API Workshop I: Learn API
- 10.4 API Workshop II: Asset Discovery and API Product Ideation
- 10.5 API Workshop III: API Ideation and Validation
- 10.6 Case Study: Identity
- 10.7 Summary
11. Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.1 What is the Difference Between Value Proposition and API
- 11.2 Foundations of Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.3 Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.4 Case Study: Identity
- 11.5 Conclusion
- 10. Human-Centered API Design
III API Product Strategy
- 12. Product Vision Board
- 13. Product Lifecycle Management
- 14. Ambition Matrix
- 15. Stakeholder Management
- 16. Business models
- 17. Goal-Oriented Roadmap
IV API Product Execution
18. Lean API Product Development
- 18.1 Foundations of Lean API Product Development
- 18.2 Overview of the Lean API Product Development
- 18.3 Prototype-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18.4 Analytics-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18. Lean API Product Development
19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
- 19.1 Deliver Value to the Customer
- 19.2 Provide Good User Experience to the Customer
- 19.3 API Interface Design & Architecture (aka Philosophy)
20. API Product Pitch for Everybody
- 20.1 Daily API Product Pitch
- 20.2 How to Pitch an API Product?
- 20.3 Effective Structures for an API Product Pitch
21. Blockers and Catalysts of Digital Transformation
- 21.1 What’s at Stake
- 21.2 Traditional Assisted Transport Service
- 21.3 Assisted Transport Service as API Solution
- 21.4 Assisted Transport Service as API Product
- 21.5 Social Context Makes or Breaks Digital Transformation
- 21.6 Blockers and Catalysts of Digital Transformation
- 21.7 Conclusion
- 22. Conclusion
- 19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
Algebra-Driven DesignSandy Maguire
A how-to field guide on building leak-free abstractions and algebraically designing real-world applications.
Machine Learning EngineeringAndriy Burkov
"If you intend to use machine learning to solve business problems at scale, I'm delighted you got your hands on this book."
—Cassie Kozyrkov, Chief Decision Scientist at Google
"Foundational work about the reality of building machine learning models in production."
—Karolis Urbonas, Head of Machine Learning and Science at Amazon
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
While most enterprises are moving to the cloud these days, many initiatives are driven by wishes or promises rather than a sound strategy. Harvested from half a decade of cloud migrations, this book shares frameworks, strategies, and anecdotes for a structured and decision-centric path to cloud success.
Sockets and PipesType Classes
Sockets and Pipes is not an introduction to Haskell; it is an introduction to writing software in Haskell. Using a handful of everyday Haskell libraries, this book walks through reading the HTTP specification and implementing it to create a web server.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
The Node.js Bundle
3 BooksThis bundle combines three bestselling Leanpub Node.js books into a package that gives you everything you need to get started with developing Node.js applications at an unbeatable price.
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Fifty Quick Ideas
3 BooksGet all three books for the price of two! Fifty Quick Ideas books are full of practical, real-world techniques that you can use to improve teamwork, build better products and build them in a better way.
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Complete Scala Bundle
3 BooksScala is a general-purpose programming language and it's getting extremely popular these days. Some say that learning Scala could be a challenging task. My experience, however, suggests that this is actually a myth that has very little to do with reality. With the right approach, learning Scala can be easy, fun and rewarding.The first book from...
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...