API Product Management
API Product Management
Product Strategy and Execution for the Digital Economy
About the Book
Valuable and accessible products and services are the most important assets for any business, especially in the digital economy.
Through clear step-by-step explanations and real-life examples, you’ll learn the foundations of the API Product Management methodology.
It will help you to create, launch, and run digital products customers love.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. Preface
- 3. About the Authors
I Setting the Stage
- 4.1 What is API Product Management?
- 4.2 Why are API Products Hard?
- 4.3 What Will You Learn from this Book?
- 4.4 Is this Book for You?
- 4.5 How is this Book Organized?
5. Why API
- 5.1 Digital Economy
- 5.2 API Economy
6. Beginners Guide to API
- 6.1 What is an API?
- 6.2 Anatomy of an API
- 6.3 What is a Digital Product?
- 6.4 Paradigm Shift: From API to VPI
- 6.5 What is an API Management Platform?
- 6.6 Who are the API Stakeholders?
- 6.7 Summary
7. Understanding Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- 7.1 What is Digitization?
- 7.2 What is Digitalization?
- 7.3 What is Digital Transformation?
- 7.4 Summary
8. Two Breeds of API: API Products and API Solutions
- 8.1 Two Breeds of API and Paradigm of Change
- 8.2 API Solution is the Breed of Operations
- 8.3 What is an API Solution?
- 8.4 What is the Business Value of API Solutions?
- 8.5 API Product is the Breed of Tactics
- 8.6 What is an API Product?
- 8.7 What is the Business Value of an API Product?
- 8.8 Summary
9. Case Studies
- 9.1 Identity
- 9.2 Smart Catalogs
- 4. Introduction
II API Product Design
10. Human-Centered API Design
- 10.1 What is Human-Centered API Design?
- 10.2 Three Stages of API Program Maturity
- 10.3 API Workshop I: Learn API
- 10.4 API Workshop II: Asset Discovery and API Product Ideation
- 10.5 API Workshop III: API Ideation and Validation
- 10.6 Case Study: Identity
- 10.7 Summary
11. Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.1 What is the Difference Between Value Proposition and API
- 11.2 Foundations of Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.3 Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.4 Case Study: Identity
- 11.5 Conclusion
- 10. Human-Centered API Design
III API Product Strategy
- 12. Product Vision Board
- 13. Product Lifecycle Management
- 14. Ambition Matrix
- 15. Stakeholder Management
- 16. Business models
- 17. Goal-Oriented Roadmap
IV API Product Execution
18. Lean API Product Development
- 18.1 Foundations of Lean API Product Development
- 18.2 Overview of the Lean API Product Development
- 18.3 Prototype-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18.4 Analytics-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18. Lean API Product Development
19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
- 19.1 Deliver Value to the Customer
- 19.2 Provide Good User Experience to the Customer
- 19.3 API Interface Design & Architecture (aka Philosophy)
20. API Product Pitch for Everybody
- 20.1 Daily API Product Pitch
- 20.2 How to Pitch an API Product?
- 20.3 Effective Structures for an API Product Pitch
21. Blockers and Catalysts of Digital Transformation
- 21.1 What’s at Stake
- 21.2 Traditional Assisted Transport Service
- 21.3 Assisted Transport Service as API Solution
- 21.4 Assisted Transport Service as API Product
- 21.5 Social Context Makes or Breaks Digital Transformation
- 21.6 Blockers and Catalysts of Digital Transformation
- 21.7 Conclusion
- 22. Conclusion
- 19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
I am a Software Engineer and I am in ChargeAlexis Monville and Michael Doyle
I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge is a real-world, practical book that helps you increase your impact and satisfaction at work no matter who you work with.
In the book, we will follow Sandrine, a fictional character who learns to think in a new way enabling her to take a different course of action.
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Mastering STM32Carmine Noviello
With more than 600 microcontrollers, STM32 is probably the most complete ARM Cortex-M platform on the market. This book aims to be the first guide around that introduces the reader to this exciting MCU portfolio from ST Microelectronics and its official CubeHAL.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Programming with Ease
3 BooksAlle drei Bände der Serie Programming with Ease in einem Paket. Darin findest du alles, was ich dir zu den wichtigsten Phasen der Softwareentwicklung im Hinblick auf Clean Code Development für langfristig hohe Produktivität sagen kann.Im Band Slicing findest du die Anforderungsanalyse im Rahmen eines iterativ-inkrementellen Vorgehensmodells aus...
2 BooksUnveil the power of Ansible and Vagrant with this bundle at a special price. You'll have everything you need to get started with Vagrant - learn the basics and how to create your virtual development environments, using Ansible as provisioner! About Vagrant Cookbook Vagrant Cookbook is a complete guide to get started with Vagrant and create your...
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...