Ansible For Windows By Examples
Ansible For Windows By Examples
50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
About the Book
Ansible is a popular open-source IT automation technology for scripting applications in a wide variety of domains.
It is free, portable, powerful, and remarkably easy and fun to use.
This book is a tool to learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples.
Whether you are new to automation or a professional automation engineer, this book's goal is to bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of the core Ansible language.
Every successful IT department needs automation nowadays for bare metal servers, virtual machines, could, containers, and edge computing. Automate your IT journey with Ansible automation technology.
I'm going to teach you, example by example, how to accomplish the most common System Administrator tasks.
You will start with installing Ansible in Windows 10 and Windows 11 and using the most command package manager and archives.
Each of the 50+ lessons summarizes a module: from the most important parameter to some live demo of code and real-life usage. Each code is battle-proved in real life. Console interaction and verification are included in every video. Mundane activities like installing software, verifying a system are up-to-date, rebooting a server, installing Google Chrome, and copying files from the local controller to a remote system could be automated with some lines of code. These are only some of the long lists included in the course.
Some Ansible codes are usable in all Windows systems, and some are specific to Windows Server.
The Ansible troubleshooting lessons teach you how to read the error message, how to reproduce it, and the process of troubleshooting and resolution.
Are you ready to automate your day with Ansible?
Table of Contents
- Modern IT Infrastructure
- Whois Luca Berton
Ansible For Beginners With Examples
- What is Ansible
- Getting Started
- Facts and Magic Variables
- Ansible Best Practices
- Ansible terminology - ansible vs ansible-core packages
- How to install Ansible in Windows 10 WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux - Ansible install
- How to install Ansible in Windows 11 WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux
- How to install Ansible with PIP
Ansible Playbook Code for Windows
- Configure a Windows Host for Ansible - ansible winrm
- Test Windows host availability - Ansible module win_ping
- Create an empty file in Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_file
- Check if a file exists on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_stat
- Install Windows software - Ansible module win_chocolatey
- Copy files to Windows remote hosts - Local to Remote - Ansible module win_copy
- Copy files from Windows remote hosts - Ansible module fetch
- Reboot Windows hosts - Ansible module win_reboot
- Install Google Chrome in Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_chocolatey
- Extract an archive in Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_unzip
- Download a file in Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_get_url
- Create a directory on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_file
- Check if a directory exists on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_stat
- Check Registry .NET Framework version on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_reg_stat
- Rolling Update Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_updates
- Add Windows Registry on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_regedit
- Remove Windows Registry path or key on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_regedit
- Create a local group on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_group
- Remove a local group on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_group
- Create a local user on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_user
- Change local user password on Windows-like systems - Ansible module win_user
- Backup With Robocopy on Windows - Ansible module win_robocopy
- Ansible modules - win_command vs win_shell
Ansible Troubleshooting The Most Common Errors
- Ansible troubleshooting - PowerShell incompatible with the sudo become plugin
- Ansible troubleshooting - Windows 10 Error 0x80370102 WSL: Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Ansible troubleshooting - Windows 11 Error 0x80370102 WSL: Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Ansible troubleshooting - module failure on Windows-target
- Ansible troubleshooting - Unhandled exception while executing module win_user
- Thank you
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them