Ansible Tips and Tricks
Ansible Tips and Tricks
10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
About the Book
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples.
Every successful IT department needs automation nowadays for bare metal servers, virtual machines, could, containers, and edge computing. Automate your IT journey with Ansible automation technology.
I'm going to teach you example by example how to accomplish the most common System Administrator tasks.
Each of the 10+ lessons summarizes a real-life scenario and the most important module description and the most important parameter to succeed in your journey. Moreover, each code is battle proved in the real life. Console interaction and verification are included in every video. A mundane activity like printing a text/variable during execution, Pause execution, How to Pass Variables to Ansible Playbook in the command line, breaking a string over multiple lines, Ansible ansible_hostname vs inventory_hostname, setting remote environment per task or play, executing a command on the Ansible localhost, three options to Safely Limit Ansible Playbooks Execution to a Single Machine, command vs shell modules, write a Variable to a File and these are only some of the long lists included in the course.
There are some Ansible codes usable in all the Linux systems.
Are you ready to automate your day with Ansible to the next level?
Table of Contents
- Modern IT Infrastructure
- Whois Luca Berton
Ansible For Beginners With Examples
- What is Ansible
- Getting Started
- Facts and Magic Variables
- Ansible Best Practices
- Ansible terminology - ansible vs ansible-core packages
- How to install Ansible in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8 with Ansible Engine
- How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- How to install Ansible in Fedora 35
- How to install Ansible in CentOS 9 Stream
- How to install Ansible in Windows 11 WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux
- How to install Ansible in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15 SP3
- How to install Ansible with PIP
- How to install Ansible in RedHat Enterprise Linux 9 Beta
- How to install Ansible in Amazon Linux 2 (AWS EC2)
- How to install Ansible in Debian 11
Ansible Tip & Tricks
- How to print a text or a variable during the execution with Ansible
- Pause execution - Ansible module pause
- How to Pass Variables to Ansible Playbook in command line? - Ansible extra variables
- Break a string over multiple lines - Ansible Literal and Folded Block Scalar operators
- Ansible terminology - ansible_hostname vs inventory_hostname vs ansible_fqdn
- Set remote environment per task or play - Ansible environment statement
- Execute command on the Ansible host - Ansible localhost
- Three options to Safely Limit Ansible Playbooks Execution to a Single Machine
- Ansible modules - command vs shell
- Write a Variable to a File - Ansible module copy vs template
- Thank you
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them