Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples
Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples
10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
About the Book
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples.
Every successful IT department needs automation nowadays for bare metal servers, virtual machines, could, containers, and edge computing. Automate your IT journey with Ansible automation technology.
I'm going to teach you example by example how to accomplish the most common Dabatse Administrator tasks.
Each of the lessons summarizes a module: from the most important parameter to some live demo of code and real-life usage. Each code is battle proved in the real life. Console interaction and verification are included in every lesson. Mundane activities like installing the database management system in Red Hat (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Amazon Linux, AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux, etc.) and Debian (Ubuntu, Scientific Linux) like systems, creating a database file, creating a user, granting the permission to a user to connect to the database, backup ad restore a single database could be automated with some lines of code and these are only some of the long lists included in the course.
There are some Ansible codes usable in all the Linux systems, some specific for RedHat-like, Debian-like systems.
The Ansible troubleshooting lesson teaches you how to read the error message, how to reproduce it, and the process of troubleshooting and resolution.
Are you ready to automate your day with Ansible?
Examples in the book are tested with the latest version of Ansible 2.9+ and Ansible Core 2.11+.
Table of Contents
- Modern IT Infrastructure
- Whois Luca Berton
Ansible For Beginners With Examples
- What is Ansible
- Getting Started
- Facts and Magic Variables
- Ansible Best Practices
- Ansible terminology - ansible vs ansible-core packages
- How to install Ansible in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8 with Ansible Engine
- How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- How to install Ansible in Fedora 36 - Ansible install
- How to install Ansible in CentOS 9 Stream
- How to install Ansible in Windows 11 WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux
- How to install Ansible in macOS - Ansible install
- How to install Ansible in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15 SP3
- How to install Ansible with PIP
- How to install Ansible in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 9 - Ansible install
- How to install Ansible in Amazon Linux 2 (AWS EC2)
- How to install Ansible in Debian 11
Ansible For PostgreSQL
- Install PostgreSQL in RedHat-like systems - Ansible modules yum, stat, shell, service
- Install PostgreSQL in Debian-like systems - Ansible modules apt, stat, shell, service
- Create a PostgreSQL Database - Ansible module postgresql_db
- Drop a PostgreSQL Database - Ansible module postgresql_db
- Rename a PostgreSQL Database - Ansible module postgresql_db
- Create a PostgreSQL User or Role - Ansible module postgresql_user
- Allow md5 Connection for a PostgreSQL User / Role - Ansible module postgresql_pg_hba
- Grant Privileges to User/Role on PostgreSQL Database - Ansible module postgresql_privs
- Backup a PostgreSQL Database - Ansible module postgresql_db
- Restore a PostgreSQL Database — Ansible module postgresql_db
- Run a SQL Command/Query on PostgreSQL - Ansible module postgresql_query
- Thank you
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them