About the Book
BOOK IS NOW FREE. IT IS A BIT OUTDATED (1.4.X) AND DOESN'T COME WITH NEW COMPONENTS. IT IS STILL AN AWESOME WAY TO LEARNING DIRECTIVES THO. ENJOY IT.
Are you an Angular.js developer who wishes to learn more about directives? You came to the right place. You just need to know the basic pieces of Angular.js. Here I explain directives from zero.
So if directives seemed magical to you and you need to learn how they work to be able to create your own, this is the book you want.
In this book, you will learn:
- How directives are built.
- How to use all the different options on the directive definition object.
- How to apply some tips and tricks to make your directives more flexible.
- How to combine our directives with ng-model to create outstanding directives.
- How to create custom validations for our use case.
- How to wrap jQuery plugins into directives.
And much more!
All the examples of the books contains unit tests, all those tests are fully explained and you can try both working and test versions on Plunker.
About the Author
Jesús Rodríguez Rodríguez is a frontend developer who dedicates his time to moderate the official Angular.js IRC channel and he also gives support there.
He spent some time collaborating with organization like AngularUI and he also write in his blog (http://www.angular-tips.com) all about angular.
He also likes to edit / review books, that also includes writing his own books.