Riding Rails with AngularJS
This book is 95% complete
Last updated on 2013-11-02
About the Book
We are selling this book along with the code at: http://www.fullstack.io/edu/angular/rails/. The book itself is available here on leanpub as well.
- About the author
- About this book
- Organization of this book
- Additional resources
- Conventions used in this book
- Development environment
Setting up our Rails app
- Setting up our user model and authentication
- Setting up our sharing model
- Setting up a test harness for our Rails app
- Testing WelcomeController
- Building the session API
Angular in the Rails asset pipeline
- Preparing to integrate the app
- Fetching articles
- Building the ShareService
- Interacting with the session API
- Building the share API
- Client-side validation
- Creating a directive
Angular using Rails as an API
- Using the almighty Yeoman
- Configuring Yeoman proxy
- Developing the app
- Developing Shareup
- Securing the app (as much as possible)
- CORS-based auth in the Rails app
- Implementing front-end signup
- Implementing back-end login
- Implementing front-end login
- Making an authenticated API call
- Getting current user data
- Using $resource
- Deploying the app
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.