Angular from Scratch
Angular from Scratch
A friendly guide for absolute beginners
About the Book
That's a one-word description of Angular for a beginner.
If you're met with the framework for the first time, you likely need it for work.
It's also likely that you're pressed for time, and can't afford the luxury of spending days and days researching, reading difficult documentation, or trying to wrap your head around many Angular concepts.
In this no-fluff book, we pick apart the building blocks of Angular in the first two chapters, giving you the skills to dive straight into building apps in Angular 2+. Every step is explained and each concept is covered so it's easy to understand what is happening and why.
I'm the author of over ten books on front-end web development. Let me guide you through this wonderful framework.
Chapter 0: Introduction
- Software we’ll be using
- What is Angular?
- Let’s Build the Simplest Possible Angular App
- Viewing our Angular app in the browser
- Re-visiting Angular versioning
- Updating our Angular version automatically
Chapter 1: Inspecting the Boilerplate Angular App
1.1. Revision: things to do before running
ng new ...
1.2 What happens when we run the
ng new ...command?
- 1.3. What are the contents of the Angular boilerplate app?
- 1.3. Inserting an Angular app into index.html
- 1.4 Tracking our project with Git
- 1.1. Revision: things to do before running
Chapter 2: Generating components
- 2.1 Adding the Navigation Component
- 2.2 Updating the CSS of the app component
2.3 Using the
:hostselector in the
Chapter 3: Writing an Angular component from scratch
- 3.1 Writing the ProfileComponent from scratch
- 3.2 Adding global styles
Chapter 4: Using Routing and Adding a Login Component
- 4.1 Showing the Profile Page
4.2 Adding Routes to
- 4.3 Adding a login component
Chapter 5: Binding
- 5.1 Binding Template Files to Class Files
- 5.2 Binding events in Angular
5.3 Binding a (click) event to
5.4 Defining the
- 5.5 Property binding in Angular
- 5.5.1 Dynamically update HTML attributes using property binding and method calls
- 5.6 Binding a property to a button click
- 5.7 Comparing one-way and two-way data binding in Angular
- 5.8 Examining Property Bindings in Angular in More Detail
Chapter 6: Services
- 6.1 Adding a service to our app
6.2 Working with
Chapter 7: Revision
- A revision of things we’ve learned
- A revision of things we glossed over
- Explanation of the reason why this book was written the way it was
- Additional explanation
- What’s next?
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.