Amish Recipes: Chocolate-Covered Candy
Last updated on 2019-11-22
About the Book
The author of this book was born and raised Amish. (But you don't have to be to use the recipes; they're updated for modern kitchens.)
Because your candy is homemade, you know what's in it.
The recipes are the result of Amish childhood memories and conversations with siblings. They are based on my Mom's Peanut Butter Cups recipe (included in the book) and on other Amish recipes perused for techniques and suggestions.
The Amish chocolate-covered candy recipes in this book come with stories.
Even before the recipes, you'll find a story about a little Amish boy (me) and his adventure eating as much candy as he possibly could, with his Mom's permission.
Then, an overview of how to make the candy center and cover the candy with chocolate, so you can quickly become skilled.
After the recipes, you'll find information about the kinds of chocolate to use and how to melt chocolate.
In the book, you will find these chocolate-covered candy recipes and stories.
- Crunchy peanut butter candy center (for people who like peanut butter, the crunchy kind). You'll read about how the recipe was developed from Mom's Peanut Butter Cups recipe.
- Creamy peanut butter candy center (for people who prefer creamy peanut butter candy). The chapter contains a synopsis of how it is different from the chocolate-covered crunchy peanut butter candy.
- Cinnamon candy center (for cinnamon lovers). Find out why I almost gave up on this. And about stumbling on the winner.
- Chocolate candy center (yes, chocolate-covered chocolate candy). It took several approaches over a few months to find an ingredient combination for the candy I remember from childhood.
- Mexican seasoning candy center (for people who like sweet and savory). The recipe story is about creating the seasoning to fit the chocolate-covered candy.
In addition to Mom's Peanut Butter Cups recipe and the chocolate-covered candy recipes, there is a bonus.
The bonus is a new recipe for easy-to-make cinnamon-flavored chocolate candy. It is not a filled candy, but cinnamon-flavored chocolate. The chocolate has a subtle cinnamon flavor that makes a person smile.
All the recipes are as easy to follow as I could make them.
There is no cooking to make the candy centers. Mix the centers, cover the entire candy with melted chocolate, and let it dry.
Then, share the joy of your Amish chocolate-covered candy with the people you love.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.