Last updated on 2020-09-07
About the Book
The book introduces you to the world of advanced TypeScript concepts including: compiler flags for catching more errors, generic types, and how to compose types with discriminated unions.
The course is divided into five chapters. All of them have real life examples and focus on practicality. The first module is dedicated to strict typing. It discusses the most important compiler flags responsible for increasing strictness of type checking. The second module talks about one of the most confusing concepts of TypeScript, generic types. The third module is the most important one as it explains how to compose types in TypeScript and focuses on discriminated union types. The fourth module lists other advanced types available in TypeScript and explains their usefulness. Finally, the fifth module is specifically dedicated to real-life examples of using TypeScript in complex scenarios. It talks about debugging compile errors and about using TypeScript with some of the most popular libraries.
- Strict Null Checks
- Strict Property Initialization
- Non-Null Assertion Operator
- Exercise in Strictness
- Function Types
- Generic Functions
Generic Functions Example - Typing
- Generic Interfaces - OOP Perspective
- Generic Interfaces - FP Perspective
- Type Argument Constraints
- Type Constructors
- Type Argument Propagation
- Union and Intersection Types
- Discriminated Union Types
- Discriminated Unions in Practice
- State Machines
- Discriminated Unions vs Subtyping
- Conditional Types Introduction
- Built-in Conditional Types
- Conditional Types Example - React Component Props
- Mapped Types Introduction
- Built-in Mapped Types
- Type Guards
- Custom Type Guards
- Nominal Types
TypeScript in Practice
- Debugging Errors: Type Assignability
- Debugging Errors: Narrowing Types
- Debugging Errors: Unintuitive Error Message
React and TypeScript:
React and TypeScript:
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.