The Software Minefield
Last updated on 2012-04-21
About the Book
This book offers a fresh look at ideas in Software Testing. Collected from over 15 years experience, this book is aimed at people who are already testers but who are looking to,
* challenge and validate their approach to testing,
* manage and expand their learning,
* champion testing practises within their department
* develop positive office relationships
* manage testing in their teams
Designed with the busy tester in mind, this book has been writen on a modular level to allow readers to pick-and-choose the areas they want to read and develop. But most of all it's designed to be a fun and accessable read.
Priced at $4.99, this is the same price as an edition of Cosmopolitan. So do you want to find out what's fashionable this season in clothes, or what's in vogue with testing?
The choice is yours ...
- By way of introduction
- The path of knowledge
- Channels of learning
- I love it when a plan comes together
- How to use this book
- I, Tester …
- So what is software testing?
- Testing’s Men in Black
- Schrodinger’s code …
- Crossing the testing minefield
- Customer reality
- The fundamentals of testing …
- Some FAQs about Defects …
- Waterfalls and other roadmaps to quality
- Learning to test with Big Trak
- The “I” in team …
- Smells like team spirit …
- The Agile Haka
- Yabber Dabber don’t!
- Chicken Little and the Tester who cried “BUG!”
- The Kobayashi Maru of office relationships
- The Rugby World Cup – learning to celebrate
- Why is it so important to be able to socialise after work?
- The myth of Superman, and why it must die
- The problems we can’t fix …
- Managing the testing effort
- The view from the Test Manager’s gallery
- Roles and responsibilities 101
- I’m too busy!
- Just do it!
- The stand-up meeting
- Drudgery in project communication
- Communication - the better ways of doing it …
- Testing and the Cassandra syndrome
- Those darn test estimates …
- Are we there yet? - The metrics of destination
- Getting your testing project into orbit!
- The management yellow brick road
- Doing the outsourcing shuffle …
- Our risky business
- Safety is critical …
- Making the BIG decisions
- The curse of indecision
- Indecision and other vices …
- This thing called Agile
- All the cool kids do Agile …
- The Agile principles
- Agile in a nutshell
- Agile and the thorny world of DIY …
- Keep It Simple (Stupid)
- Lets go Agile! Why do we need a coach?
- The world’s first Agile project … or “We tried fire and it didn’t work”
- An Agile Murder Mystery
- Getting the right tools
- Test automation
- Cometh the Cloud …
- SOA testing
- Closing thoughts
- Learning through books
- Get involved online …
- Join the Twitter testing community
- About the author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.