The SharePoint Governance Manifesto (The SharePoint Governance Manifesto - Sketch Edition)
The SharePoint Governance Manifesto
Disruptive Governance thinking for the masses
About the Book
You can get 'The SharePoint Governance Manifesto' in both eBook and Printed versions.
For the full list check-out:
User Guide (Taken directly from the book):
If you thought from the cover image that it was about sailing, then sorry it's not, although it does get a mention.
This book is about the challenges, impact and approaches to implementing SharePoint Governance in your organisation.
The reality is that, although the basis of this book is Microsoft SharePoint, it is actually relevant to any social or collaborative platform (Yammer, IBM Lotus Connections, Jive, Huddle, etc.) that you and your organisation may be using.
Actually, there's a lot you can take from this book and apply to the Governance of pretty much anything!
I wrote this Manifesto to be three things for you:
1. Disruptive because the status quo really isn't delivering
2. Thought provoking because none of this is easy
3. Informative for both you and your organisation.
The disruption comes from the early chapters where we will "Poke the Box" as Seth Godin would say (Godin, 2011 <http://bit.ly/PokeSeth>) and highlight our challenges with Governance itself.
The mid-section of this book is more visual and questioning. It illustrates key points, both positive and negative, about our perceptions and the future of SharePoint Governance.
Finally, in the last section, we focus on being informative in a positively disruptive way. We will explore how you can apply my '7 Waves of Governance' in your organisation and projects. An approach to Governance which has been developed over the last 4 years and successfully implemented with a range of clients from SME to global organisations, as well as within a number of Microsoft partners. We will consider in detail how this approach works and the significant benefits of implementing and embedding SharePoint Governance within your organisation.
The combination of these insights and approaches will, I hope, be informative, engaging and offer practical advice that will help you deliver organisational value by positively disrupting your technology projects.
The SharePoint Governance Manifesto - Sketch Edition
The SharePoint Governance Manifesto and all the doodles I did for the book.
- Dedicated to…
- Credits and Thanks
- Christian Buckley (Axceler), SharePoint MVP
- User Guide
- State of the community
- Governance versionality
- Why did I write this book?
- What is this crazy thing called Governance?
- Why are SharePoint projects so complex?
- A Sailing analogy
- Beware of Governance snake-oil
- Why Governance is failing
- The celery effect
- How the hell did it get so bad?
- The future of Governance isn’t written down
- A final thought on why you should read this book
- The Visual Thesis of Kubernáo
- Thesis 1 - Be engulfed
- Thesis 2 - Governance pirates
- Thesis 3 - Bloody huge document
- Thesis 4 - Why?
- Thesis 5 - Banking crisis
- Thesis 6 - Reflections
- Thesis 7 & 8 - Visualise & socialise
- Thesis 9 - The black hole
- Thesis 10 - Certifiable
- Disruptive Governance thinking for the masses
- In at the deep end
- Does size really matter?
- Why waves?
- Surf’s Up - Your Governance visualised
- Surfing the seven waves of Governance
- Nothing is original
- A final word of caution…
- Wave One - Business Alignment
- Wave Two - IT Assurance
- Wave Three - Project Governance
- Wave Four - Information Governance
- Wave Five - Change Management & Adoption
- Wave Six - Social Business
- Wave Seven - Kaizen
- Adding some secret sauce
- Governance Duct Tape
- Will you take the Red or Blue Pill?
- Make a Choice
- Applying Governance
- Governance Content
- Governance Decision Making
- In-line Governance
- In Too Deep?
- Governance Survival Kit
- Surfboards, post-its, pens & other disruptive tools
- Cool tools
- Bad workshops can kill
- Post-It Note Psychology
- Apres Sail
- Is this really the end?
- Disruption lives here
- Dirigi in finem
- Who are Soulsailor Consulting?
This book is published on Leanpub by Soulsailor Consulting Ltd
Soulsailor Consulting Ltd is an innovative and disruptive micro-consultancy focussed on "Enabling organisational value by positively disrupting technology projects“.
We publish content that we hope will inspire, disrupt, educate and change the way you work...
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.