About the Book
This book focuses on the author's professional interests: NLP, deep learning, knowledge representation, knowledge graphs, and semantic web technologies. The reader is assumed to have some knowledge of Swift but the book examples describe the parts of the Swift language that are used. This is not an introduction to Swift programming nor is it a broad general book on AI.
In order to make this book as broadly useful as possible for developers wanting to take a deep dive into NLP, deep learning, knowledge representation, and semantic web technologies all examples will be plain text console (command line) applications. Much of the code is useable on macOS (and iOS and iPadOS) and Linux except for the CoreML examples and Apple's NLP libraries that are Apple platforms only.
Part 1: Introduction and Short Examples
We start this book with a sufficient introduction for Swift to understand the programming examples. After introducing the language we will look at a few short examples:
- - Creating Swift Projects
- - Writing command line utilities.
- - Using the SQLite embedded database.
- - Using the Microsoft Azure Bing search APIs.
- - Web scraping.
Part 2: Apple's CoreML and NLP Libraries
- - Introduction of CoreML
- - Examples using CoreML
- - Introduction of NLP
- - Examples using NLP libraries
Part 3: Knowledge Representation and Data Acquisition
- - Introduction to the semantic web and linked data.
- - A general discussion of Knowledge Representation
- - Create Knowledge Graphs from text input
- - Knowledge Graph Explorer application
Part 4: SwiftUI Example Applications
- Knowledge Graph Explorer (uses SPARQL, deep learning models for NLP and question answering)
- Web site SEO Wizard - uses NLP to analyze text on any web page and generate metadata for search engine optimization
About the Author
Mark Watson a consultant specializing in deep learning, machine learning, knowledge graphs, and general artificial intelligence software development. He uses Python, Common Lisp, Java, Clojure, Haskell, and Ruby for development.
Mark's consulting customer list includes: Google, Capital One, Olive AI, CompassLabs, Disney, Sitescout.com, Embed.ly, and Webmind Corporation.
web site: https://markwatson.com/