Use Python to Become AWESOME at Your Job (Book + Video)
Last updated on 2016-08-30
About the Book
Use Python to code away the boring parts of your job.
Topics we will cover:
- Read/Write Ms Word/Pdf files
- Automatic report generation
- Automate system admin tasks. Write scripts that run at fixed times
- Monitor a file for changes, and run a script when it changes
- Website automation, including logging into websites, and getting data hidden behind login pages, clicking on buttons etc. Achieved!
- Combining data from dozens of files (Excel, text, Csv), removing bad data , and optionally, graphing it.
- Working with large folder structures, hundreds of files, including removing duplicate files.
- Multiprocessing: Use all cores on the same machine.
- Distributed processing: Use external servers to offload tasks
- Using C/C++ to speed up your code. A section on Numba, a just in time compiler that aims to speed up your code without having to use C/C++
A virtual machine (Vagrant based) will be provided, so you can start coding immediately.
- Setting Up Your System
Chapter 1: Reading Variables
- Reading from the command line
- Reading From a Config File
- Reading Environment Variables
Chapter 2: Replacing Command Line Scripts with Python
- Replacing our Ugly Bash Script
- Bash Quote Hell
- Monitor high CPU programs and kill any using greater than 90%
- Interactive Command line Programs
Chapter 3 Advanced Command Line Examples
- Clean up dozens of files and directories
- Cleaning many dirty Python files
- Check if a file has been modified, and if it has, run a script
- SSH into a remote machine, and run commands there
- Initial setup
Chapter 4 Working with Excel, Doc, Pdf and Html Files
- Combine data from multiple files, clean it, and graph it
- Read a Docx file
- Read and Write Pdf files
- Automatic Report Creation: Docx and Html
Chapter 5 Web Scraping and Web Automation
- Starting with simple scraping
- Getting the price from a web page
- Automating Web Browsers with Selenium
- Login to Reddit using Selenium
Chapter 6 Multiprocessing and Distributed Processing
- Multiprocessing in Python
- Distributed Processing
Chapter 7 Speed up your Code with C: Cython and Numba
- Be Awesome
Book + Video
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...