Practical Eclipse Plugin Development
Practical Eclipse Plugin Development
Real-world coding of an Eclipse plugin that contains a Groovy REPL (for real-time programming of Eclipse's IDE)
About the Book
This book contains the Eclipse related blog posts posted on Dinis Cruz’ blog at http://blog.diniscruz.com.
This is the fist draft release of this book, so please send your suggestions, criticisms, ideas or comments to email@example.com
Notes about current structure: The chapter structure is still being defined and it in a state of flux. Feedback is highly appreciated
Bundles that include this book
Table of Contents
- Leanpub book, originally based on Blog posts
- Change log:
1. August 2013
- Programming Eclipse in Real-Time (using an ‘Groovy based’ Eclipse Plug-in)
2. September 2013
- Opening up a native Chrome Browser window inside Eclipse (raw version)
- Injecting HP Fortify Eclipse Plug-in Views into HP’s WebInspect UI
3. November 2013
- SI Open Sources the Eclipse Plugin-development toolkit that I developed for TeamMentor
- TeamMentor Plugin and Builder v1.5.6 (Source Code and Eclipse Update site)
4. December 2013
- Installing Eclipse Plugin Builder, accessing Eclipse objects and adding a new Menu Item that opens Owasp.org website
- How to word-wrap a word without breaking it (when using bootstrap)
- Installing, compiling and failing to use DCE VM for Eclipse Plugin development
- Using JRebel to HotSwap new Static String fields in an Eclipse Plugin (without Eclipse restart)
- Adding and using new API methods, that are consumed by an Eclipse Plugin under development (without Eclipse restart)
- Groovy Script to create a view that shows the images available in the ISharedImages class
- Executing Eclipse Plugin JUnit tests in real-time without needing to restart Eclipse (with no mocking)
- XStream “Remote Code Execution” exploit on code from “Standard way to serialize and deserialize Objects with XStream” article
- How to create (using Eclipse) JavaDocs that looks good? (My current approach is not working)
5. January 2014
- Updating the GitHub repos for the 1.6.0 release of the Eclipse Fortify Plugin
- Saga to sign an eclipse plugin with a code cert
- Fixing Coding Signing issue where Eclipse Plugin didn’t install in Indigo
- Eclipse Groovy script to remove the ‘busy’ image from the WebBrowser Editor
- Viewing Eclipse and SWT objects (Workbench, Display and Shell) using Groovy’s ObjectBrowser and using TeamMentor’s Plugin ObjectBrowser
6. February 2014
- Creating an Eclipse UI to run AngularJS e2e tests using Karma
- XSS considerations when developing with Firebase
- Eclipse Groovy REPL script to sync a Browser with file changes (with recursive folder search via Java’s WatchService)
- Really SIMPLE and clean AngularJS + Firebase example
- Using AngularJS in Eclipse, Part 1) The Basics
7. March 2014
- Programmatically changing an AngularJS scope variable and adding Firebug Lite to an AngularJs app
- Why doesn’t Eclipse community stand-up more to IntelliJ?
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them