Last updated on 2013-03-30
About the Book
- Chapter One: The Genesis of PDQ
- Project Description
- First Application of PDQ
- PDQ Results
- The Invention of PDQ
- Goals for PDQ
- Research Design
- Project Evaluation
- Chapter Two: Case Study - The First Application of PDQ
- PDQ Principle 1 – Standardize on Agile Infrastructure
- PDQ Principle 2 – Seek Agile Project Staffing
- PDQ Principle 3 – Seek Agile Processes and Solutions (fewest constraints, most flexible, most timely)
- PDQ Principle 4 – Daily Scrum Meetings
- PDQ Principle 5 – Focus on Phases and Milestones
- PDQ Principle 6 – Make Decisions with Limited Information
- PDQ Principle 7 – Parallel Development and Progressive Elaboration
- PDQ Principle 8 – Time-Boxing (macro and micro)
- PDQ Principle 9 – Rapid, Empowered Decision-Making
- PDQ Principle 10 – Rapid, Systematic Information Gathering
- PDQ Principle 11 – Early Hands-On Work (Prototyping)
- PDQ Principle 12 – Know When to Quit (when yield begins to decline - 80/20 Rule)
- PDQ Principle 13 – Prepare Early for Tasks with Long Lead Times (even if unsure they will be required)
- PDQ Principle 14 – Avoid Adding Too Much Planning Detail Too Early (progressive elaboration, rolling-wave planning)
- PDQ Principle 15 – Modest Efforts to Improve Project Processes
- PDQ in Review
- Chapter Three: Literature Review
- Origins of the Agility Movement
- Information Technology Agility
- Demand for agile IT intensifying.
- Regaining IT agility.
- Literature Review Mapping to PDQ
- Chapter Four: Findings and Conclusions
- Daily scrum meetings
- Task Execution
- Embedded Agility
- Chapter Five: Research Extensions for PDQ
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.